How do I switch my Droid Maxx from a Verizon contract phone over to AT&T prepaid?

A

AC Question

how do i switch my Droid Maxx olfrom Verizon contract phone over to AT&T prepaid

I just recently went back to prepaid and I have 2 Droid Maxx's, I received a 100$ gift card through Verizon prepaid bit as soon as that's out I would love to go back to at&t. I bought a Verizon prepaid smart phone because I didn't know if you could use a contract phone on prepaid, but I was told you can its got a Sim card the droid does.. I would really appreciate it if any could give me some advice

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: how do i switch my Droid Maxx olfrom Verizon contract phone over to AT&T prepaid

They should be sim unlocked, so you can pop in the att sim and change the apn

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: how do i switch my Droid Maxx olfrom Verizon contract phone over to AT&T prepaid

You can tell by putting a non Verizon sim in. If it doesn't ask you for an unlock code, it's unlocked.

But, trust me - the Droid Maxx is definitely unlocked. I've used another sim in mine in Europe - it worked fine. And others have used it on T-Mobile and att.

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

I'm using mine on the AT&T network through Cricket. It works fine. When I reboot the phone I get an error message that says something like "unrecognized Sim" but you can just ignore or dismiss it and it works great. No problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member