Bugless Beast Froyo release!

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Weird. Guess it installed from the market for me since it lists installed beside it under Downloads. Wiped data and cache before installing BB 2.2 and maps work fine.

hawkfrost

May 5, 2010
Visit site
BB FRF57 v.01

Ok hats off to Pete..

This one has the same speed as before with lin and quad, but the phone itself seems snappier. It's very solid, no reboots even on installation. Metamorph is now fixed and I've had no issues with the market. Chrome to phone still works fine.

Sheesh, everytime I think I can relax, something else comes out. Pete got this out sooner than I thought. I thought it would take another week. One thing I did do is the long benchmark on setcpu and got an insane 520. I never checked it with the last froyo build, but I used to get around 700 on 2.1 with 1.1 GHz OC.

Ok, give me some sic custom themes and I'm good to go for a while. I'm sure there will be updates and such, but dang, let my droid rest for a day or two, lol.
:cool:

Hawk

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Running BB v0.1 + launcher Pro+.
Team Chaos's Black Ice for Froyo
9bf1ecdd.jpg

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
ya i installed it and everything works perfectly, even the market. just gotta choose a kernel to install.

part of me feels that since froyo is near perfect, we are going to see more themes for it then actual custom roms. anybody feel the same way?

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, with the general speed of Froyo, people will be more concerned with creating a custom look rather than spending time to optimize and speed things up.

Also, to get flash to work, you'll need to use Astro or Root Explorer to delete the AdobeFlash apk from /system/app so you can reinstall it.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
one thing that i can see some ballsy devs try to do is create the perfect overclocking rom and kernels to go with it. one that will let you set the max to +1.2 ghz and the min to like 1 ghz and still have low temps. is it possible, idk. does it seem like the only other thing they could do to this rom, to me that would be the only other thing aside from themes

hawkfrost

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Brett,

I was thinking the same thing. With the speed that's already here, themes will be the main thing for a while, but you can bet the kernals will be worked on to push the limits without having the heating issues. I flashed roberj13's blue energy theme and it loaded with no problem.

Sweet build Pete.. I've been lucky as I've had none of the issues as some of the others. I even downloaded the maps with no problems.

Hawk

F

fearmychickens

Just downloaded it and will probably stick to it until Pete makes a BB ROM off the official release. I think BB > any other ROM.

ebruot

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
If anybody's still having issues installing maps you might want to try this. You will have to get copy of the maps.apk first. (My maps installed on their own, so i don't know if this works or not)

How I got maps to work!

Put the Maps.apk in you sdk/tools folder
For some reason, ADB won't work in Froyo under normal boot conditions, so we must reboot recovery to push busybox to /system/xbin

Code:
adb reboot recovery
Once in Clockwork, scroll down to the partitions menu using the d-pad or volume keys.

Plug your phone into your computer now. Open a terminal window and cd to your ADB tools directory.

On your phone, select "mount /system" - should be the first option.

Code:
adb push Maps.apk /system/app
adb shell chmod 755 /system/app/Maps.apk

unmount the System, Reboot and google map the nearest Starbuck I hope this helps

working 100%

Team CHAOS team member #2

New IRC come in and say hello!

Buy Me a Guinness!!

Follow Me @bgill55

Team CHAOS homepage

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Can people that are running this post up their batter life experiences? I loved the speed of BB1.1 but I had to charge my phone twice a day. Same with cyanogen and I just loaded JRummy The Shizz but now my gallery is not working.

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
i've had this bbv0.1 installed for about 12 hours now and it was fully charged when i loaded it after setting up my screens/widgets i set it down went to sleep and its only at 90% so far so good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38