Koush's 2.1 Rom

tachyon

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
i can completely understand. im still new to this whole hacking and modding process myself. this forum is a great place to find help. i think they have apps on the market where you can back that stuff up like text msgs. the apps you can just back up with the app Astro. My recomendation for the apps are to just write down or take a screen capture of the list you have downloaded in the market (only need to write down the free apps because the paid come up automatically) and then after you wiped everything and re-installed the rom, just re-download the apps. If you just back them up in Astro you they wont show up in the market when updates roll out.

Oh right! I knew I had another reason for not wanting to just backup the apps and restore them. Not getting updates was what was going to bother me. Maybe there's a way to backup the market's database of what I have installed while I'm at it...

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I don't think that is possible due to Google trying to make sure people can't steal apps. I could be wrong though

R

Roy Aguilera

He made it super easy to install his image and rom. You can get his free app Rom Manager from the market.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
i kinda want to see what droidrom does next to compete with this. i have a feeling either they are going to rip all of them off or they will do somthing to put it on top. im kind of going with the first option thouhgh.

oh and i have found if i drop the overclock to 800 the temp remains pretty steady. well... its better than it was.

tachyon

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
well i put it back in and used ASTRO to restore all my non-purchased apps for now. I have to figure out if I will really miss out on updates because of that

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
there are 2 issues i am noticing with this rom.
1)the battery tends to raise the temperature a little faster then the previous roms i have used. i have seen it get to 38 degrees without me using my phone alot.

2) the browser speed seems to still be slower then even the droidrom. idk if this the rom's fault or maybe just somthing to do with my data coverage but i never noticed it being this slow before. im going to try and update my roaming and see what that does but im hoping it gets better.

aside from that the phone's speed is really fast.

edit: nevermind i cant update roaming because this rom has the same issue as the previous build where it makes you activate your phone before you can even use the keypad but then it never activates.

the browser speed is the deal breaker for me. im hoping it gets fixed or their is a workaround for it because i would rather not go back to 2.01 but i need it to be faster because the slowness is somewhat of an annoyance.

Have you tried the Smoked Glass Rom?

Im like you, the Browser is a deal breaker for me and the main reason I got the phone. The stock 2.0.1 ruined that experience for me as it made the browser horribly slow and laggy so I went fishing and tried Droidmod. I then tried Smoked glass and the browser experience is just amazing. Zero scrolling choppiness on any webpage. Even picture heavy pages. Feels great and highly reccomend trying it if you havnt. It made browsing for me a joy once again!

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
this rom haas zero lag anywhere especially the browser mine flies and the rom is just as fast as most ese53 roms running at 1.2

tachyon

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
anyone else having a problem where the Weather won't show in the multimedia dock? If I open the app seperately, or even just click on it there in the dock screen it comes up, but when i go back to the dock it says "weather information currently unavailable"

*Edit to add*
Ok, weird... the problem seems to be with location... if I shut the auto location off and just set it, then it works.
My beautiful widgets homescreen seems to be able to figure out where I am, as well as Maps. weird.
*Edit again*
Nevermind, I had wireless location off, so it just decided that it didn't want to try to use the GPS apparently.

I am loving this ROM so far, I messed with DroidMod a little, but this is really impressing me. Also I've just spent most of my time in stock. I haven't overclocked yet but I'm still impressed with how smooth and responsive everything is

Last edited:
R

Roy Aguilera

With version 5 of the Launcher 2 you can add 4 icons ala dxTop.
CAP201003090902.jpg

AllGood

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I really like this ROM but keep going back to DM because i like the Hero/Desire theme I'm using. I have found a few themes but none seem to work correctly. Any one have any luck? I've tried the NexusDesire (launcher doesn't work), Desire 2.1 (phone doesn't work), and XHero (nothing works)

R

Roy Aguilera

How do you set this up with dxtop? I really like that layout.

Sorry, my post might have been confusing. This is the XDA launcher 2 by Ruqqq. It drops tomorrow. I am beta testing it. It's not dxTop :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11