Ummm yeah...

damule6666

Banned
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
What RSDlite do you use??
There are like eleventy million of them to choose from.. And where is the best place to get it...And does anybody have a walk-through of how to use it to go back to the rootable version?? i am so new to all this its not funny..

I want to be able to root, but did the OTA update to 2.1 and wish to be able to go back to the last version and then root.

HELP please!!:confused::confused::confused:

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
nah dont do that..... i'm going to give you a link where you dont have to downgrade or anything. just flash sprecovery onto 2.1 and then install a custom rom which will give you root acces. heres a video to show you how Video: Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1 | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog and once your done with that heres a video that shows you how to install a custom rom with sprecovery ( which will give you root access ) Video: Installing a Custom ROM Using SPRecovery | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog you still have to use RSD lite but everything you need you can download on the first link i give you. just make sure you install the right drivers for you computer 32 or 64 whichever you will need. there is no need to downgrade back to 2.0.1 anymore. hope this works for you let me know how you make out and if you have any questions i will be more then happy to help you out

Last edited:

damule6666

Banned
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks!!!

nah dont do that..... i'm going to give you a link where you dont have to downgrade or anything. just flash sprecovery onto 2.1 and then install a custom rom which will give you root acces. heres a video to show you how Video: Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1 | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog and once your done with that heres a video that shows you how to install a custom rom with sprecovery ( which will give you root access ) Video: Installing a Custom ROM Using SPRecovery | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog you still have to use RSD lite but everything you need you can download on the first link i give you. just make sure you install the right drivers for you computer 32 or 64 whichever you will need. there is no need to downgrade back to 2.0.1 anymore. hope this works for you let me know how you make out and if you have any questions i will be more then happy to help you out

This worked like a charm!!! The only issue i had was when i copied over the update.zip file. i didnt know i didnt need to add the .zip part... So when i tried to install it gave an error:eek: (easy fix tho)

Two other quick things,

1. when i hit the HOME button i get

HelixLauncher
Home
Launcher

as my choices.

2. All 3 have a slightly diff look when selected.. is this normal?:confused:

And if i wanted to run say the same ROM as you, how do i go about changing it?

Thanks again...

AJ

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yes helix launcher is a home replacement home should be the stock launcher then you should have the nexus launcher

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
go into the market and download ROM Manger. It does cost about 3-4 dollars but it's WELL WORTH IT! It gives you the luxury of be able to switch roms withouth doing any work. all you do is click on the rom you want to flash and the app does all the work. but when the first time you run the app your going to have to flash clockwork recovery to be able to install any of the ROMS in the app. You can do this by selecting the very first option in Rom Manger ( flash clockwork recovery ) pretty easy but i'm glad everything went well for you and give me a shout if you have anymore questions. by the way yes that is totally normal what ROM are you running?

damule6666

Banned
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Kool

go into the market and download ROM Manger. It does cost about 3-4 dollars but it's WELL WORTH IT! It gives you the luxury of be able to switch roms withouth doing any work. all you do is click on the rom you want to flash and the app does all the work. but when the first time you run the app your going to have to flash clockwork recovery to be able to install any of the ROMS in the app. You can do this by selecting the very first option in Rom Manger ( flash clockwork recovery ) pretty easy but i'm glad everything went well for you and give me a shout if you have anymore questions. by the way yes that is totally normal what ROM are you running?

Ok, kool beenz sounds easy enough even for me..LOL

I am running JRummy?s Green Theme, got it from the ones you posted..

Ohhhh, quick one for you, what is over clocking and do i need to do it? and how do i do it if so??

Sorry for all the ??

Thanks again

AJ

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
no problem at all dude. but basically overclocking just speeds up the cpu speed in your phone making it run faster. you can overclock with JRummys Remix all you have to do is install SetCPU which is in the market. I wouldn't run your CPU over 1,000 mhz because personally it's too risky and heats up the phone way to much for me. I like to run mine at 800mhz it's pretty much perfect for what i do. anything over 550 mhz is considered overclocked on the droid. biggieblunted420 that's my AIM if you have any other questions and would like to get to me quickly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa