Purchasing through Motorola and keeping unlimited data plan

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered my new Turbo 2 directly through Motorola and wanted to see if anyone had insight into how I need to proceed in order to keep my unlimited data plan?

I have the original Turbo, but would like to make the changeover as soon as my new phone arrives.

Do I simply transfer the Sim card from the old phone into the new phone, or will the new phone arrive with a Sim card and I merely need to boot it up and activate it somehow?

Thank you!

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered my new Turbo 2 directly through Motorola and wanted to see if anyone had insight into how I need to proceed in order to keep my unlimited data plan?

I have the original Turbo, but would like to make the changeover as soon as my new phone arrives.

Do I simply transfer the Sim card from the old phone into the new phone, or will the new phone arrive with a Sim card and I merely need to boot it up and activate it somehow?

Thank you!

As long as you pay full retail, you should be able to activate the new SIM card that came with it or you can transfer the old one to the new one. Shouldn't matter either way.

Posted via the Android Central App

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to make the swap yourself via the "My Verizon" web site. Select your current device, select "change device" and follow the prompts. Enter the new IMEI number and SIM if going to use a new one.

Badda bing.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
You should be able to make the swap yourself via the "My Verizon" web site. Select your current device, select "change device" and follow the prompts. Enter the new IMEI number and SIM if going to use a new one.

Badda bing.

Will the new phone come with an un-activated SIM? Or will I need to swap it out from my current Turbo?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Will the new phone come with an un-activated SIM? Or will I need to swap it out from my current Turbo?

I have never ordered a device from Moto with a SIM card. I either used the same one I had or just went to the Verizon store and asked for a new one. I needed a nano SIM for the Pure and they didn't have any issues giving me one.

Your current SIM card should work just fine. Once you do the swap online, the system will tell you to simply swap the SIM card to your new device.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I have never ordered a device from Moto with a SIM card. I either used the same one I had or just went to the Verizon store and asked for a new one. I needed a nano SIM for the Pure and they didn't have any issues giving me one.

Your current SIM card should work just fine. Once you do the swap online, the system will tell you to simply swap the SIM card to your new device.

So the original Turbo users a nano SIM?

And if I remove the Sim from the T1 for the purposes of a swap, is the phone then unusable, or can I still run the apps that are on it while connected to a wifi network?

I'm planning to sell it eventually but wouldn't mind keeping it as a backup for a little while, and having it remain functional for gaming and other things....

kerrigjl

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
So the original Turbo users a nano SIM?

And if I remove the Sim from the T1 for the purposes of a swap, is the phone then unusable, or can I still run the apps that are on it while connected to a wifi network?

I'm planning to sell it eventually but wouldn't mind keeping it as a backup for a little while, and having it remain functional for gaming and other things....

You can use it on WiFi.

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I have unlimited also, got mine at the Verizon store, all you have to do is take the sim card out of old phone and put in new phone..thats it, power it on and ..that's it, no activation or anything needed. I bought 2 phones and the store did one for me and I did the other after I got home

Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87