Robin's Motorola DROID Turbo 2 Thread

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Do we need a turbo car charger

Or will any USB work?

Posted via the Android Central App

I would get a car charger specific cord. The generic USB sockets do not charge at a high enough rate. The problem arises when using your phone for say, google maps navigation, where it keeps the display on all the time, and uses a lot of processor. What will happen is that even though plugged in you will use more power than the charger can put in, and still end up with a dead battery.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: List of apps we can disable

Disable DT Ignite as I've read about some issues with this app. I typically disable anything I know I won't use - all the Amazon stuff for sure.

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I have used square trade for over a year now. I just had to file a claim on my daughters iPhone 6. She cracked the screen and damaged the camera. The policy was $99 for a year, already cheaper than asurion. The deductible was $75, again, cheaper than asurion. I sent the phone off on Monday morning and had it back on Wednesday evening in perfect condition. Couldn't tell it had been damaged at all. If it had just been the screen, they said I could take it to the apple store and if the repair cost less than $125, I wouldn't have to pay the deductible at all, the full amount would be reimbursed. I'm sure there's people that have had a different experience because there always is, but I'm a fan now.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Squaretrade

I have used square trade for over a year now. I just had to file a claim on my daughters iPhone 6. She cracked the screen and damaged the camera. The policy was $99 for a year, already cheaper than asurion. The deductible was $75, again, cheaper than asurion. I sent the phone off on Monday morning and had it back on Wednesday evening in perfect condition. Couldn't tell it had been damaged at all. If it had just been the screen, they said I could take it to the apple store and if the repair cost less than $125, I wouldn't have to pay the deductible at all, the full amount would be reimbursed. I'm sure there's people that have had a different experience because there always is, but I'm a fan now.

Thanks for the assurance

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
SD card

Hi folks I remember when SD cards weren't useful for app storage but now they are. What is the best type for this phone?

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: This is an awesome phone!

Certainly does and without having to shut things off and and fool with trying to force stop battery sucking apps never had a phone with my current configuration get great battery life up until now,and for the record as of now I see no problems with high cell standby or Android system battery sucking above 5 to 9 % like a lot of other Verizon phones like the Samsung or LG phones that without using the phone get horrible battery life.

I have both iPhone 6s plus and i favor this phone at times

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

I had a less than good experience with square trade so I won't use them anymore. With assurion I would have had a refurbished replacement shipped the next day. Square trade decided to repair my phone but it was never that great after the repair.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

I had a less than good experience with square trade so I won't use them anymore. With assurion I would have had a refurbished replacement shipped the next day. Square trade decided to repair my phone but it was never that great after the repair.

That's concerning

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anybody have ballistic nylon backing?

I do. It's a bit slippery. The metal sides of the phone are easier to hang on to. I've heard that the soft touch is slippery too. Not sure about the leather. I got it for durability.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anybody have ballistic nylon backing?

I had ballistic nylon on my T1, but opted for the soft touch on my T2. Both phones were/are in a case, so it doesn't really matter I guess.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: SD card

I have a SanDisk 128 G card in my T2. Some people have been experiencing issues with SD cards, in general, with the T2. Kind of a known issue. Mostly, I believe that my phone is working well with the SD card, but I have issues with the Gallery app doubling all my pictures.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87