Robin's Motorola DROID Turbo 2 Thread

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Helps to plead your case with Verizon about restocking fee

Returning for a defect should never have that fee, lol. Glad they listened to reason. When people return devices, sometimes multiple times, because they don't like the color or want to try something else, yes... restocking fee the heck out of them. But when it's because of something where the device legitimately isn't right, that should be replaced.

Yep. They were hoping I wouldn't contest it.

Posted via the Android Central App

srt8-in-largo

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: What is your favorite wallpaper?

There's an explanation about how a live wallpaper uses RAM vs. A PIC using something other than RAM. Read the reviews on the NULL BLACK. Better explanation than I can do!

Thanks for the tip; I'm looking into this. I haven't found the info in the reviews yet though... there's a lot there to dig through.

Something I read elsewhere was interesting. On some display types, a black wallpaper may not save battery power. This is because the LED's are still turned on, they just happen to be blocked so that the image appears black. On our screens, however, which are AMOLED, a black image does indeed mean that the LED's behind it are turned off and so we'll see better battery performance.

I'm still trying to understand the difference between a black pic and the NULL Black app. I guess with a pic the CPU is being utilized to "display" the pic and somehow the NULL Black app doesn't.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
One thing that is good to remember from time to time

Turn off the phone and restart it!
It is a computer after all and it helps to refresh the memory and apps!

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: One thing that is good to remember from time to time

Huh?
I never turn my computer off either.

I don't think it works the way you think it does.

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Are you using a screen protector?

I bought the 3 pack from Verizon for $10. It was dead easy to install it, due to the guide lines printed on the protector's cover.

The screen won't break because it's not glass, but because it's plastic it scratches more easily. And you can even replace the plastic layer with a new one for $30 from Verizon. Or swap out the entire thing in a couple years with the Moto Maker option. That's what I'm doing.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

Truth. Where, if I may ask, did you get this idea?

Well i have had people tell me that for years, that turning off the phone even for a minute and then restarting it is a good thing. I don't have any scientific proof, however the whole "turn it off and back on again" thing has worked for some minor issues in the past.

As for the comments to the thread, if the OP wants to share info, who are the rest of us to say she (because the pic is a dudette.. Remember the common sense post above) shouldn't post.

I enjoy talking about my phone, and sometimes even other people on here do too. Esp when they get a new phone!

This forum is full of helpful tips, opinions, and just conversation. Isn't that what a forum is for?

Moto Droid Turbo 2

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Well i have had people tell me that for years, that turning off the phone even for a minute and then restarting it is a good thing. I don't have any scientific proof, however the whole "turn it off and back on again" thing has worked for some minor issues in the past.

As for the comments to the thread, if the OP wants to share info, who are the rest of us to say she (because the pic is a dudette.. Remember the common sense post above) shouldn't post.

I enjoy talking about my phone, and sometimes even other people on here do too. Esp when they get a new phone!

This forum is full of helpful tips, opinions, and just conversation. Isn't that what a forum is for?

Moto Droid Turbo 2

Thanks dude... Couldn't have said it better.

Last edited:

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

No problem.

I remember on my old flip razor if i had an issue i would call tmobile (was w them at the time) and they would have me restart the phone. It usually worked. I was told to restart phones every now and then. I probably restart mine every other day when i think about it.

Moto Droid Turbo 2

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anyone check out Moto voice?

I have used it since the droid maxx came out. The turbo seemed slower to respond than the maxx, now the turbo2 is fast again.

I have my phone in a holder while i am in my car patrolling, its great because i can say "ok turbo2" and then ask it to call someone and it automatically puts it on speaker.
Also, like tonight we have storms so while i am driving i can say "launch Radarscope" and it will open the app and i can glance at the radar without having to touch the phone.

I really think moto voice is my big reason for staying w Motorola, that and the big droid batteries.

When i set up my command (ok turbo2) i noticed the more you use it the more it seems to respond faster .

Just for fun, activate it and say "make me a sandwich" or "beam me up scotty" lol

Moto Droid Turbo 2

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site

A friend of mine has an iPhone, and he said, "Siri, shut up." There was no sound, and the screen just said "OK".

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

I have used it since the droid maxx came out. The turbo seemed slower to respond than the maxx, now the turbo2 is fast again.

I have my phone in a holder while i am in my car patrolling, its great because i can say "ok turbo2" and then ask it to call someone and it automatically puts it on speaker.
Also, like tonight we have storms so while i am driving i can say "launch Radarscope" and it will open the app and i can glance at the radar without having to touch the phone.

I really think moto voice is my big reason for staying w Motorola, that and the big droid batteries.

When i set up my command (ok turbo2) i noticed the more you use it the more it seems to respond faster .

Just for fun, activate it and say "make me a sandwich" or "beam me up scotty" lol

Moto Droid Turbo 2

Oh that was hysterical... With the accent too!

Raring

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Noticed imperfection on ballistic nylon back

I know one is the microphone but what is the one just above the camera? Light sensor?