Battery test.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Noticed you're on wifi the whole time. That probably helps with any radio signal drain

No doubt. I'm on WiFi most the day and have been getting 4.5 - 5 hours SOT with 30% battery remaining.

Posted via the Android Central App

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Noticed you're on wifi the whole time. That probably helps with any radio signal drain
Yeah, I've been hanging around my home WiFi when not working. Thanks to Fallout 4

One of these work days I will turn WiFi off and see how long it last, but I really think the battery Is starting to settle down and perform as intended.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Work is usually Phone calls, Navigation and Google Play Music on Bluetooth.
Today was an average day.

70c86d95d82d629b1f819656eac07b9e.jpg

will1881

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Got some good stats now. Mostly all without wifi. 40% adaptive brightness. 6hrs 15min sot . Consisted of browsing and messaging. Getting the N6P tomorrow to try out. I really need that led light indicator the the Nexus offers. Moto Display doesn't cut it. But need to check that battery sot first hand on the N6P

Attachments

• 1449101579337.jpg
    1449101579337.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 1449101591380.jpg
    1449101591380.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 36

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Moto Display doesn't cut it. But need to check that battery sot first hand on the N6P

How long have you had this phone? When I first lost the LED light with the Droid Maxx, I missed it for like 2 weeks, but then something clicked and I realized how much more effective, efficient and interactive the moto display notification system is. Honestly, it changed the way I view smartphones and got me hooked on Motorola. I can't imagine having a phone without moto display unless something new comes along to supplant it, but that's going to take some serious ingenuity in my opinion. Obviously it's a matter of preference so sorry if it sounds like I'm preaching. That's just been my experience and I don't miss the LED light at all at this point.

will1881

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I like Moto Display. Don't get me wrong. But the fact that it stops breathing only after 3 mins is the problem and that's unadjustable. If i could say make it at least 30 mins I wouldn't even think of the nexus.. But 3 mins only? That defeats the purpose unless you're constantly staring at the phone.

jmanches42

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I like Moto Display. Don't get me wrong. But the fact that it stops breathing only after 3 mins is the problem and that's unadjustable. If i could say make it at least 30 mins I wouldn't even think of the nexus.. But 3 mins only? That defeats the purpose unless you're constantly staring at the phone.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I don't get mine until tomorrow. But with the MAXX, the moto display will continue to display the notification until its been answered

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Wave your hand in front of the screen? That restarts Moto Display.

will1881

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Wave your hand in front of the screen? That restarts Moto Display.

Yes. I'm aware of the waving and nudging. It's the same as almost reaching to check the phone. Defeats the purpose I feel. Prefer to have a permanent notification. Moto used to have permanent active display. But they've obviously cut it short to maintain battery.

will1881

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I don't get mine until tomorrow. But with the MAXX, the moto display will continue to display the notification until its been answered

Yes. The maxx is permanent. The rest are timed to 3 mins.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes. The maxx is permanent. The rest are timed to 3 mins.

I read somewhere else that this was a glitch and that not everyone was experiencing this. I'm usually pretty prompt to answer my notifications so maybe I haven't let it go passed 3 min, but I read somewhere that some phones are breathing for 3 min while others are breathing for 10 min. I'll test mine out now to see what happens. My T1 definitely went longer than 3, as did my Maxx, but the breathing used to slow down after a certain point.

will1881

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere else that this was a glitch and that not everyone was experiencing this. I'm usually pretty prompt to answer my notifications so maybe I haven't let it go passed 3 min, but I read somewhere that some phones are breathing for 3 min while others are breathing for 10 min. I'll test mine out now to see what happens. My T1 definitely went longer than 3, as did my Maxx, but the breathing used to slow down after a certain point.

Yes that's all correct. It's the more recent phones that have been reduced to 3 mins. I spoke with the Moto forum moderator which he confirmed.

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/1375001d9c

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes that's all correct. It's the more recent phones that have been reduced to 3 mins. I spoke with the Moto forum moderator which he confirmed.

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/1375001d9c

Interesting! Mine indeed only lasted 3 min. It doesn't bother me considering I honestly didn't even know whether mine was going longer than that or not. But everyone uses their phones differently and I can definitely see how this would be very frustrating. It should absolutely be a feature that can be controlled in the settings. Hopefully they respond to the demand and add this at some point in the near future.

will1881

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Got that 6p and battery life is looking good. Just a little under the 6hrs 30 mins sot I got on the Moto. N6P is leaving me with 6hrs sot on first charge. Don't mind taking a half an hour hit for a led indicator. Think I'll be sending that moto back :(

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
There's a bunch of battery threads so pardon the duplicate post, but I decided to test the battery a little yesterday and not charge my phone overnight when I normally would just to see where things would net out in the end. I'm definitely more than happy with this based on my usage.

Attachments

• 1449424149051.jpg
    1449424149051.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 21

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Hmmm, I'm jealous of the 5+ hr screen on times I'm seeing posted here, my DT2 is at around 3hrs SoT after 2 weeks in, ~16.5 hrs per complete charge. Seeing somewhat better improvement by turning WiFi and Location off, and not keeping Pebble watch connected.

Request: Can folks reporting stats here please also report Location mode (On, Battery Saving, Off), and always-on Bluetooth connections e.g. smartwatches? Also, GSam screenshots are more useful the "Averages Per Complete Charge" section shown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress