turbo charger not working?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
My daughters turbo charger stopped working after 2 months. It was very wiggly at the bottom of the phone. Took it to Verizon and they had one from a returned phone to give us. It's charging now but It's slow. Doesn't seem like it's turbo charge. Is there a way to tell if it's turbo charging for sure?

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My daughters turbo charger stopped working after 2 months. It was very wiggly at the bottom of the phone. Took it to Verizon and they had one from a returned phone to give us. It's charging now but It's slow. Doesn't seem like it's turbo charge. Is there a way to tell if it's turbo charging for sure?

There should be a toast pop-up that says TurboPower connected when you plug it in.

You can also use an app like Ampere to check.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.gombosdev.ampere&token=xUXwwBlI

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
This charger is telling her it's not the original charger

It pops up that the original charger should be used. Ggrrr I think I have to go back to Verizon store tomorrow

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
This charger is telling her it's not the original charger

It's probably not the original *cable* if it is the original charger. Turbo charging requires a good charging cable. If you have the original, use it; if not, try another mini-USB cable and see if it starts turbo charging.

Do note, though, that turbo charging stops at 78% and it starts using regular 5V USB charging, to prevent overheating the battery pack.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
It's probably not the original *cable* if it is the original charger. Turbo charging requires a good charging cable. If you have the original, use it; if not, try another mini-USB cable and see if it starts turbo charging.

Do note, though, that turbo charging stops at 78% and it starts using regular 5V USB charging, to prevent overheating the battery pack.

Thanks for the info. Interestingly enough, I plugged it into my LG V10 lightening charger and it's saying turbo charging with that?! But not with this motorola turbo charger. Gggrrr so frustrating! I don't think there is really anything drastically wrong with the phone itself but it's making me nuts that it's not turbo charging as it should with the charger

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
There might be a problem with the phone, and not the charger.

I thought so too but after the Verizon people evaluated they thought it was the charger. Finally got a replacement turbo charger from motorola and its turbo charging again!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I thought so too but after the Verizon people evaluated they thought it was the charger. Finally got a replacement turbo charger from motorola and its turbo charging again!

Were you able to get a TurboPower 25 as a replacement?

Moto0685

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
My phone stopped turbo charging but my experience with motorala was not as good they told me they no longer ship the charging cable and plug under warranty and would have to contact Verizon to see if they have any charging cable they told me I could buy one from them this in my opinion is unacceptable for any company when the phone is less then 4 months old

innovandrew

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
My cable is loose and I know it's the port on the phone. Won't even charge at all now with any cable.

Unacceptable for this to break in three months. It's not had any strain and only the included charger has been used.

Motorola under Lenovo has been providing unacceptable support from what I hear so I can't wait to deal with claiming this things warranty tomorrow.

$650 phone and the charging port breaks? Come on...

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Exactly why I loved the wireless charging on the Droid Maxx...I can't understand why they cut that loose! There are two predictable hardware problems at some point: the USB port and the power button....I still rarely use the power button, but now back to using that USB port to charge...arghhh.

ChuckLIII

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Exactly why I loved the wireless charging on the Droid Maxx...I can't understand why they cut that loose
I don't understand your post. The Turbo 2 supports wireless charging, and mine has worked great since the day I received it.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
My USB charging port is starting to act up also, tried 2 different Motorola cables and Turbo Chargers, used my Tylt charger last night and it only charged up to 52% from 31% after 7 hours. Never had this problem with the original Turbo or with my Nexus 6, both of those charged wireless with a case on the phones just fine. Overall, my opinion anyway, the Turbo 2 isn't the same quality as my Original Turbo or my Nexus 6.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
It's certainly less sensitive to wireless. My Droid Maxx would charge thru 6-8 business cards in a plastic holder. My wife's Turbo 1 won't charge thru her Otterbox. My new Turbo 2 will just barely thru a thin plastic cover and three business cards and plastic holder...does better if take the cards out or pop the case off.

Jruse80

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
My cable is loose and I know it's the port on the phone. Won't even charge at all now with any cable.

Unacceptable for this to break in three months. It's not had any strain and only the included charger has been used.

Motorola under Lenovo has been providing unacceptable support from what I hear so I can't wait to deal with claiming this things warranty tomorrow.

$650 phone and the charging port breaks? Come on...

My husband, son and I all have these phones and I have had to send my husband's and sons back once do to not charging at all. After getting my son's replacement it has stop charging a little over a month later. So in total 3 phones have been sent back due to charging issues
When I have talked to tech support they have said there is a known charging issue with this phones. All the ones that have been sent back it seems to be something to do with the charging port. It's getting really old sending back phones all the time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87