Putting Itunes library onto Droid Turbo 2

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I have about a 32 GB Itunes library. I got a 64gb Samsung EVO Micro SD card, put it in an adapter and put it in my MacBook Pro. I then used Doubletwist and copied all 32 GB to the card. I thought all was well, but when I put it in my phone, I was getting skips and stuttering.

I left the card in my phone and erased it in the settings menu.I plugged my phone into my Macbook with a usb then I then fired up my copy of Isyncr which I have on my D2 and my Macbook Pro. It asked me if I wanted to load my music on internal or external SD. I chose external and it loaded all the music. Took about 30 minutes and it works perfectly without any stuttering. Kudos for Isyncr

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I use isyncr. there is freebie, and paid version. not sure about the differences. I use the paid version. works great.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
80GB library over here... iSyncr and Rocket Player works well for my iTunes needs..

Does iSyncr take a long time to list that many songs? Maybe just once?
I tried iSyncr and it just seemed to chug forever listing songs. It showed me all the playlists fine, but I want to go album by album.

It also turned out that the DoubleTwist player was my issue. I thought the sync was bringing in duplicates, but if I use Doubletwist Cloud Player or Rocket Player, it all looks fine.

Jay A whY

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Does iSyncr take a long time to list that many songs? Maybe just once?
I tried iSyncr and it just seemed to chug forever listing songs. It showed me all the playlists fine, but I want to go album by album.

It also turned out that the DoubleTwist player was my issue. I thought the sync was bringing in duplicates, but if I use Doubletwist Cloud Player or Rocket Player, it all looks fine.
Syncing via iSyncr WiFi, playlist does take a while on first load (I let it run overnight while I'm sleeping).. After its initial sync, everything sync up pretty fast. iSyncr USB sync is the way to go for large databases..

Rocket Player - Album icon view populates immediately for me.. Playlist view takes longer, 7-9 second delay.

uploadfromtaptalk1452883393310.jpg

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
What I am looking for is so simple, yet it seems nobody but Apple can deliver this in a mobile music player.
I have a lot of albums with multiple artists (soundtracks, compilations, etc). In order for them to show as one album, you make sure all the songs have the same Album Artist. I've gone back and made sure that all my tags are correct and complete.
Many music players will still show me a copy of each compilation album for each and every artist on the album.
Some music players do this because the album view will not sort by Album Artist.
Rocket Player is the closest, but still falls down because it shows every artist that starts with the word "The" in with the artists beginning with the letter T.

Can no-one code a music player on Android that works as well as iOS Music app?

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I upload my entire iTunes music library to Google Play Music and use that. I can download stuff for offline listening if I want or stream my entire library. Then when I switch devices, all I have to do is log in and my music is there.

How to Export Music from iTunes to Google Play - iTunes - Apps General Discussion

I used to use this method. Problem is google has a problem with play lists of more than 1000 songs. And lately for some reason, google play music couldnt reliably play some of my music. would play the first 5 seconds of certain songs, and then go to the next song in the playlist, all of it downloaded locally to my phone. Thats why I moved to Isyncr/Rocket player.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Just copy all music onto the sd card and then use an app like poweramp to play the music...
Or are you asking how to wirelessly get music to the card?
It's an option under isyncr.

Posted via the Android Central App

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
If it's already on a card, then the way it works is you copy it over to the new card, new card in new phone, then in the settings for whichever music app you use you point at the SD, not the device main storage

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
What kind of SD card works best? I've recorded videos to my 8 GB class 4 card and a couple of the videos won't play after moving them to my internal storage. I'm intending on buying a new one and I'm primarily going to use it for music and videos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa