Wifi is killing Droid Turbo 2 Battery

stephthumb

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Picture1.png

For some reason my wifi is killing my battery
After a full day of use 20% of the battery is killed by the wifi?
Does anyone have any advice or ideas?

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
You're not alone. I FDR and at first it helped for a day or so. Now WiFi is always on even though I have it selected off. Barely getting 12 hours out of this phone!

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
43080fd53e36fe7f0f10407c21a9068b.jpg

adayoff

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Dang, my WiFi is ridiculous too!! Just looked at my battery stats as I'm all of a sudden at 19%. My WiFi consumption is 18% usage and I have been at work all day not on WiFi. I mean, I always leave it on, but have never noticed that drainage until your post! What gives!?

Posted via the Android Central App

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Dang, my WiFi is ridiculous too!! Just looked at my battery stats as I'm all of a sudden at 19%. My WiFi consumption is 18% usage and I have been at work all day not on WiFi. I mean, I always leave it on, but have never noticed that drainage until your post! What gives!?

Curious, try turning off wifi then check stats. I have an issue when I have wifi turned off yet battery stats shows wifi on all the time using battery. Very frustrating.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here too. Started yesterday using about 20% even though it was turned off coz I was at work. Today it's at about 7% but my phone is still lasting all day with about 5-6 hours SOT.

adayoff

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Curious, try turning off wifi then check stats. I have an issue when I have wifi turned off yet battery stats shows wifi on all the time using battery. Very frustrating.

I will do everything normal routine tonight and turn off WiFi before I go to work. Then I'll post my results this time tomorrow of the difference if any.

copywrite

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Make sure you turn off scanning always available. It's in location in the settings, top three dots. I turned the wifi scanning on a few days ago and it was in my battery stats like you guys. I turned it off but the next day it was still in my stats, so i rebooted and did a cache partition wipe, and it is not in my stats today. Looks like there's a bug where the scanning may stay on even after turned off until a reboot is done.

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Make sure you turn off scanning always available. It's in location in the settings, top three dots. I turned the wifi scanning on a few days ago and it was in my battery stats like you guys. I turned it off but the next day it was still in my stats, so i rebooted and did a cache partition wipe, and it is not in my stats today. Looks like there's a bug where the scanning may stay on even after turned off until a reboot is done.

Where is the setting for always scanning??? I looked in the WIFI setting and I see no such option.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Where is the setting for always scanning??? I looked in the WIFI setting and I see no such option.

It's not in the Wi-Fi area. You have to go to Settings>Location then hit the 3 dots in the upper right. That will reveal "Scanning" and then the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning.

adayoff

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Alright, here's the deal with today. I disabled the Bluetooth and WiFi always scanning setting along with a cache wipe this morning. One difference I noticed is that my GPS kept asking me to enable WiFi always scanning. I understand that I turned it off in settings of location, but why would it need that? Stupid question, does WiFi use GPS at your house, McDonald's, etc?

No WiFi stats today.

Attachments

• 24325.jpg
    24325.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 153

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Location services wants to use wifi location triangulation as well as cell tower triangulation in addition to (or instead of) the actual gps radio when possible. In part to give assist (it takes a while to locate three satellites) and in part because it uses less battery power.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I just turned my phone off then back on a bit later & no WiFi is showing in the battery stats screen. If it does come back then I'll turn off the always scanning thing.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Gonna turn WiFi always scanning off now as my WiFi has appeared in the battery stats screen again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Longhorn