Camera Error Please restart camera - How to fix?

A

AC Question

I have a Droid turbo2 that I purchased 3 weeks ago. The camera app or the front facing camera on any app will not work. When opening the camera app I get "Camera Error Please restart camera.". I have restarted the app, force stopped the app, powere cycled my phone, disabled and re-enabled the app and I still get the same error? What are my options?

ZeusBeard

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
I just noticed that the flashlight does not work either.

My phone notifies me that the flashlight is on and I have the ability to turn it off but there is no light coming out of it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would try to use a third party camera app. But most likely it is a manufacturer defect and you can contact either Verizon or Motorola for a replacement

Tamara Wooden

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
I have a Droid turbo2 that I purchased 3 weeks ago. The camera app or the front facing camera on any app will not work. When opening the camera app I get "Camera Error Please restart camera.". I have restarted the app, force stopped the app, powere cycled my phone, disabled and re-enabled the app and I still get the same error? What are my options?

What do I do to get it resolved

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyler C-137

Oct 17, 2019
Visit site

If anyone is still looking for a solution to this. What worked for me is Disabling the app, then Enable which gets rid of all of the updates, and it works! The Open Camera app actually seems way better in quality though so I'm switching. Check it out!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer