Anyone selling the T2 for a Droid Z Force?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I love the wireless charging on my T2, but it's been a very laggy phone for me for a long time and the faster processor and better camera on the Z Force are tempting. The phone is stupidly expensive though. Is anyone thinking about trading up?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
There are also nice BT headphones.

This phone is way too pricey for what you get, particularly if you need to buy a mod, new headphone adapters or new headphones, etc. And people have had pretty crappy experiences with Lenovo for repairs, warranty work, etc. - some people had to wait months for their phones to be repaired. Also, of course, the lack of timely software updates.

I'd wait to see what this year's Nexus phones will be and hope that they're good enough. I know I'm done with Moto/Droid until they show that these issues are resolved. I doubt that will happen.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
There are also nice BT headphones.

This phone is way too pricey for what you get, particularly if you need to buy a mod, new headphone adapters or new headphones, etc. And people have had pretty crappy experiences with Lenovo for repairs, warranty work, etc. - some people had to wait months for their phones to be repaired. Also, of course, the lack of timely software updates.

I'd wait to see what this year's Nexus phones will be and hope that they're good enough. I know I'm done with Moto/Droid until they show that these issues are resolved. I doubt that will happen.

The problem with BT headsets for talking on the phone is that I always either forget to charge them or they are sitting in the other room and when I answer the phone the call goes to the headset in the other room. With my cheap wired headsets I have a bunch of them lying around

I would consider some other phones if someone would ever put a big battery in them. That's what keeps me with these Moto maxx battery type phones.

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
No audio jack plus it's too large (bigger bezels) are a no sale for me. I have the DT2 and overall I am fairly happy with it but the DT2 is marginally too large for me.

And I am no fan of bluetooth headsets.

Sorry Moto

dkediger

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
No wireless charging, primarily. If there was just a charging mod, with no battery bulk, maybe.

Posted via the Android Central App

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
No wireless charging, primarily. If there was just a charging mod, with no battery bulk, maybe.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yes, a flat wireless charging mod is what I'm hoping for as well. I'm surprised they didn't come out with one at launch, and really that they only came out with 3 options.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Doogald is right, the phone is pricy and Lenovo can't be trusted. But the phone is still tempting to me. The Note 7 is also tempting (especially with the possibility of a tougher screen).

I think I'm going to wait and see what other mods come out. The success of the Z will also be interesting to see.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
It would be easier to stomach if Verizon had that monthly payment plan on it where you pay $30/month for 2 years, but turn it back in after a year if you want to upgrade. Apparently that only goes on the Samsungs and a few others. With the Droid you have to pay the full thing off either way. It would also be easier if you could trade the T2 in for $300 like I did with the T1. But the T2 is only worth $100.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I would like to see that as well. A annual upgrade for the droid line. Especially as seeing Verizon pushes it so hard you would think they would.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
The DT2 will be my last droid. While I was getting it replaced for the "green line" issue I went back to my Nexus 6 and now have zero desire to go back. I think I will be checking out the new 2016 Nexus or snag a 6p after the new one comes out.

DLewis13

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
No way would I exchange my DT2 for a Z, DT2 is a far better phone.
Agree with others that the Z is expensive, and I'm on Verizon, which makes it worse.