Unable to configure OK Google voice detection (Droid Turbo 2)

bscallan

Sep 10, 2017
Visit site
Droid Turbo 2
Android V7.0
Verizon latest update (7 Sep 2017) 25.216.2

I have attempted fruitlessly to configure the Google app and assistant to recognize my voice; i.e., "Ok Google" detection.

When I attempt to teach the assistant my voice (it asks you to say "Ok Google" three times) I have the following message box appear at the bottom of my screen "Trouble with the microphone. Try again in a few seconds"

The app allows me to conduct voice searches without any problem, so the microphone seems to work just fine from the Google app. Phone calls work fine, as well and voice to text via Textra.

Anyone have any hints???

BTW, I have rebooted the phone a few times, and it resolved nothing.

Sep 10, 2017
Visit site
I find both Google and Moto frustrating. I'm a truck driver, I have a good quality headphones with mic, but the truck has ambient noise.
When I try to configure them, it says "you can't use an external mic, unplug it and use the native mic": when I do, it says "your environment is too noisy. Kindly go away until you're in dead quiet."
So I just control it with my fingers because the system is inadequately capable.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I find both Google and Moto frustrating. I'm a truck driver, I have a good quality headphones with mic, but the truck has ambient noise.
When I try to configure them, it says "you can't use an external mic, unplug it and use the native mic": when I do, it says "your environment is too noisy. Kindly go away until you're in dead quiet."
So I just control it with my fingers because the system is inadequately capable.
The initial setup must be performed in a quiet room. After that, voice commands will work inside a vehicle. I drive a Jeep Wrangler, not the most quiet vehicle on the road, and have no problems with the Moto App Voice Commands. I use them every day. It's just the initial setup that has to be performed in a very quiet room, so the app can accurately record your voice model.

jrmeab

Sep 28, 2017
Visit site
I am having the same issue. Moto voice also does not work. It has been ever since the latest system update. Verizon even sent me a new phone and it is doing it on this phone as well.

Droid Turbo 2
Android V7.0

I have attempted fruitlessly to configure the Google app and assistant to recognize my voice; i.e., "Ok Google" detection.

When I attempt to teach the assistant my voice (it asks you to say "Ok Google" three times) I have the following message box appear at the bottom of my screen "Trouble with the microphone. Try again in a few seconds"

The app allows me to conduct voice searches without any problem, so the microphone seems to work just fine from the Google app. Phone calls work fine, as well and voice to text via Textra.

Anyone have any hints???

BA M

Oct 15, 2017
Visit site
If you setup Moto and use their "Wake Up" phrase, you will find it is superior to Go Google. Go Google can't be setup because the Moto app launcher is in control and had tbe same problem on my Droid Turbo. Now that I have a phone with OK Google, I wish I could go back to the Moto in control.

kn2282

Dec 25, 2017
Visit site
Maybe a little late, but I had the same issue with my Droid Force. The way I was able to get mine to work was disable the Moto Voice Recognition to get the Google Voice to work. Moto seems to override Google instead of working together. Hope that helps and solves your issue!

Droid Turbo 2
Android V7.0

Anyone have any hints???