Droid Turbo: Battery Life

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Nothing crazy. The only thing I've turned off is Bluetooth and NFC. Google now,location services all moto assist stuff on including front sensors. About 60% WiFi the other driving around on LTE with varying signal strengths. Browsing the web,sending texts, Tapatalk. Only about 30 minutes of phone calls. It says I've averaged over 6 hours of sot and like 27 hours of standby. And getting better

davehzrd

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
averaging 5% per hour today, was averaging slightly more in the last few days. just bought the phone last thursday. brightness down to about 30%, wifi always on, bluetooth usually on, frequently listening to music on spotify, sending messages through facebook messenger, hangouts and snapchat. piping my music into the car with a bluetooth kit.

i can live with 5% per hour, since my last 3 phones (iphone 5, galaxy nexus, EVO 4G) were all remarkably worse than that, even with me turning the LTE off on my iphone. the last day i had my iphone before trading it in, i went from a full charge to about 23% in four hours.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Been messing around with turning on and off various features to see what seems to really affect the battery. I don't know what the science is behind a battery settling in, but I really feel like this phone took a good 9-10 days to settle. Today was the first day I turned back on all the features since that 9 day period elapsed. When I first got the phone, I felt like I just wasn't getting enough juice, so I started playing with things to see how I can optimize my battery. At a certain point, even though I had turned some things off, making it impossible to know for sure, I hit a couple days in a row where my battery just seemed markedly better; and it hasn't stopped yet. Ever since that stretch began, I've wondered if it was just me turning off certain features or if something settled in. This is what I got today with everything back on. I'd say very heavy usage for almost 18 hours I've been awake. Not 48 hours, but I'll take this any day of the week.

Attachments

• 1416290616029.jpg
    1416290616029.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 1416290628069.jpg
    1416290628069.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 1416290641008.jpg
    1416290641008.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 45

hmg2015

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I just got this phone yesterday and my battery seem to be draining pretty fast and i was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to make it last longer or if this will get better overtime?

fonger13

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I realize that but I'm not the most techy person
one thing is to clear the partition cache after an OS update(you should already have one update):
Here's direction from motorolla
1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL DOWN KEY for 2-3 seconds then POWER key then release.
2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS
3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and POWER Key to select
Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.
4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)
5. Press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key
Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 6, try a force reboot by pressing the Power key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.
6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)
7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to wipe cache partition and the POWER Key to select this option
8. The device will then perform the partition wipe
9. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got this phone yesterday and my battery seem to be draining pretty fast and i was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to make it last longer or if this will get better overtime?
There is alot of debate and differing opinions in this and other forums about how to save battery life. I would highly suggest starting on page 1 of this specific forum. There is some really good information in here. Not being a tech person shouldn't hurt you at all. Just try some of the settings suggested and if they don't work reverse the setting. Another good forum is what apps are safe to disable. I disable quite alot and some users dont. Some in here, like myself, go to the extreme with settings but some are power users. Give it a try. You can always do a factory reset if you mess something up. And if your not sure send someone a PM message or post it here. Good luck and welcome to AC.

anon(5484072)

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Sounds a lot like what I'm doing, except I turned off moto assist stuff because it was annoying and have never used google now. Either my battery is taking forever to wear in, or I've got a dud.

2ynfonn.jpg

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I dont think thats bad at all. Im not an expert but 27 % use with 8 hrs up time and over an hour of screen time isnt bad.

JIH2009

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Strange things are going on with my battery stats. It has been off the charger for 13 hours and has lost 2% battery life. It's been a normal day with calls, texting, FB,IG, Kik, browsing. I rebooted, unfortunately before getting a screenshot, thinking it was reporting the stats wrong. Nope, after reboot 97%

Has anyone experienced this? Not that I am complaining, that's awesome battery life, but very curious as to what is going on.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
So get a load of this. At bedtime last night I had ~40% of power left. I figured I would let it go the night and charge in the morning.

Well it turns out that the phone's discharge rate not only went up overnight, but check out all the CRAZY discharging going on near the end of the phone's life there. What the devil could cause that???

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416395611475.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416395611475.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 59

Danny1Bears3

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Surprisingly, after clearing the system cache, I'm noticing a noticeable gain in battery life. Had 16 hours of on time, 30% battery left, and 4.5 hours of screen in time when I went to sleep. Now THATS impressive. My battery was mediocre before I reset the system cache

Posted via the Android Central App

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
So get a load of this. At bedtime last night I had ~40% of power left. I figured I would let it go the night and charge in the morning.

Well it turns out that the phone's discharge rate not only went up overnight, but check out all the CRAZY discharging going on near the end of the phone's life there. What the devil could cause that???

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

Install gsam battery monitor and let it run. Give that a night. It will tell you what's running in the background. There is something running in the background that's discharging the battery.

fonger13

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Strange things are going on with my battery stats. It has been off the charger for 13 hours and has lost 2% battery life. It's been a normal day with calls, texting, FB,IG, Kik, browsing. I rebooted, unfortunately before getting a screenshot, thinking it was reporting the stats wrong. Nope, after reboot 97%

Has anyone experienced this? Not that I am complaining, that's awesome battery life, but very curious as to what is going on.

Happened to me yesterday, I knew something was odd after taking it off the charger and using it for 30 mins and it only went down by 1%, after a few reboots it finally showed the correct stats in the evenning, dropped from 89 to 70% after the last reboot that I did.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Install gsam battery monitor and let it run. Give that a night. It will tell you what's running in the background. There is something running in the background that's discharging the battery.

I actually did have Gsam running, but I don't think it keeps history after a reboot.

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
After running for a couple weeks on the OEM software, I took the update yesterday and will do some comparison tests. Lately, on the old software and optimized pretty much via AC tips, I've been getting 50-55 hours to 10-15% and usually 3-4 hours of screen time. However, after determining the gross battery life in normal use, I've dropped deep discharge in favor of putting it on the charger every night, generally when it's reading 50-65% and leaving it overnight. I'll stop that briefly, with the new software, and test the deep discharge rate again. I also picked up some sort of a 'cleaner' app to clear out all the cache stuff and bloatware remnants so will see if that helps at all. It certainly did free up some ROM space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez