DROID TURBO: Apps OK to disable

pdarrah

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I've started trying to clean up the unneeded bloat. So far, I've disabled IMDB and VZ Navigator as really obvious stuff I don't need. What all do you disable?

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
All the Amazon apps. They are speed and battery drains. I also disable the Pinyin, Korean and Hindi language apps as they have caused many problems on my last phone. Here is a pic of the rest, sorry it's so dark I was still in bed when I took this pic and I use a screen dimmer for my sensitive eyes.
Screenshot_2014-10-31-11-50-43.jpg

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo

Last edited:

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Which "bloatware" apps did you disable on your Droid Turbo?

I actually like messages +. Syncs with same app on my Nexus 7 and the messages page on the Verizon website. Enables synced SMS everywhere.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I actually like messages +. Syncs with same app on my Nexus 7 and the messages page on the Verizon website. Enables synced SMS everywhere.

Good to know, thanks! I've been enjoying Google Hangouts. I steer clear of most Verizon apps as a personal preference, but I might check it out.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

Good to know, thanks! I've been enjoying Google Hangouts. I steer clear of most Verizon apps as a personal preference, but I might check it out.

Hangouts SMS wasn't an option on my ICS-era Rezound. Really like that Messages+ has a web-based interface on the VZW site. I just keep a pinned tab open and don't need to switch to the phone for sms.

sodaboy581

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

I've disabled:

- Amazon
- Amazon app suite
- Amazon Kindle
- Amazon Music
- Appstore
- Audible
- Call My Droid
- Caller Name ID
- Cloud
- Cloud Print
- Droid Zap
- Emergency Alerts
- FamilyBase Companion
- Help
- HP Print Service Plugin
- IMDb
- Message+
- My InfoZone
- My Verizon Mobile
- NFL Mobile
- Quickoffice
- Slacker Radio
- Softcard
- Verizon Location Agent
- Verizon Login
- Verizon Support & Protection
- VZ Navigator

I *had* Command Center disabled too, but I re-enabled it because I like the widget. :x

I wanted to disable "Cloud Setup" as well as both "Setup Wizards", but not allowed to disable those.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Call My Droid is an integral part of Moto Voice. If you can't find your phone you can shout "OK Google (or whatever phrase you chose), call my droid" and the phone will ring with a high pitched tone so you can find it.

sodaboy581

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

Call My Droid is an integral part of Moto Voice. If you can't find your phone you can shout "OK Google (or whatever phrase you chose), call my droid" and the phone will ring with a high pitched tone so you can find it.

Ah, okay, I guess I'll enable that again. Although I'm pretty good at knowing where I put my phone last... I s'pose you never know when that feature could come in handy.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Ah, okay, I guess I'll enable that again. Although I'm pretty good at knowing where I put my phone last... I s'pose you never know when that feature could come in handy.

I never will have to use it... But my wife on the other hand :p

hajabooja

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

Fairly certain that if you disable "Call my Droid" and say "Find my phone" it will default back to the Moto version rather than the Droid branded one.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I disabled 29 apps, including everything from verizon, some moto stuff, the stock calendar app, and the stock email app.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

No impact on battery that I know of.
c6ae4a9afff15f541cae6f85f3c11d21.jpg
ab3ad4d51571352f8c3c27bfb4c12337.jpg
01d90cfb1e62e603f4aa3d64f4afd4d2.jpg
a4e2784e1bb83915561170361d0531c0.jpg

Vic Rivera

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site

All the Amazon apps. They are speed and battery drains. I also disable the Pinyin, Korean and Hindi language apps as they have caused many problems on my last phone. Here is a pic of the rest, sorry it's so dark I was still in bed when I took this pic and I use a screen dimmer for my sensitive eyes.
View attachment 144950

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo

All that comes with the phone?

When you disable these apps, what happens to them and does it take up space?

Thanks

Phone junkie

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site

When you disable these apps, what happens to them and does it take up space?
They still take up ROM space, but the updates are removed from RAM, which saves a bit of space.

Vic Rivera

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site

They still take up ROM space, but the updates are removed from RAM, which saves a bit of space.

I mean, wow!!! That's a lot of apps that many of us will not use. Unnecessary space being taken, in my opinion.

Phone junkie

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

I mean, wow!!! That's a lot of apps that many of us will not use. Unnecessary space being taken, in my opinion.

Phone junkie

I have the 64gb version and it had 52gb available when I unboxed it. Pretty good based on past Verizon phones I've had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty