Problem with Active Display

daniel329

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So I got this phone - I've always hated Android tbh but I'm really having a positive experience now! The active display seems to cut on at random times. I have a QI charger on my desk and it cuts on every few seconds and then back off. Even when charging on a regular charger (face up) the active display turns itself on and off. Is this normal for any reason?

Thanks for the help!

daniel329

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Also, sometimes when I get a notification and the phone is just sitting there it tries to unlock itself and opens the camera facial recognition, can't find a face, and then sits at PIN unlock.

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
So I got this phone - I've always hated Android tbh but I'm really having a positive experience now! The active display seems to cut on at random times. I have a QI charger on my desk and it cuts on every few seconds and then back off. Even when charging on a regular charger (face up) the active display turns itself on and off. Is this normal for any reason?

Thanks for the help!
I'm new to active display as well but I thought when you get a notification its supposed to flash it on the screen. Not positive but that's my understanding of it.

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Normal. It will pulse notifications. If there are no notifications it will pulse on when it senses motion.

daniel329

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to active display as well but I thought when you get a notification its supposed to flash it on the screen. Not positive but that's my understanding of it.

Yeah that makes sense. Just not used to it sitting there turning on and off repeatedly. And launching the facial recogition haha