Saying something good

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I know most of us love this phone dearly, but I thought I'd kick off a thread for saying something especially kickin' about it, since so many threads start from problem reports.

Last night I watched a full length two hour movie "casted" from my DT to Chromecast. Used just under 5% of the battery. I've only ever used Chromecast from my laptop or Nexus 10, so this was a first. Very pleased with how that turned out.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

copywrite

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I know most of us love this phone dearly, but I thought I'd kick off a thread for saying something especially kickin' about it, since so many threads start from problem reports.

Last night I watched a full length two hour movie "casted" from my DT to Chromecast. Used just under 5% of the battery. I've only ever used Chromecast from my laptop or Nexus 10, so this was a first. Very pleased with how that turned out.

If you "casted" it through youtube or an app with chromecast support built in, your phone did not do anything. It was technically a remote which told the chromecast what to do. You could have turned off the phone and the cast would have continued on without an issue.

Danny1Bears3

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Was getting ready for a night out with some friends. They both have the iPhone 5s. Before we were leaving, their batteries were at 20% (which doesnt last long for an iPhone). I, however, had 40%, stuck the phone on the charger for 15 minutes, left with around 70%. Then when we got back, I forgot to plug in my phone, but no big deal. I woke up with 40% battery remaining. Not bad, not bad at all :)

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I love everything about this phone. I haven't had any problems. Even the call volume is great when you hold the phone in the right way.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
If you "casted" it through youtube or an app with chromecast support built in, your phone did not do anything. It was technically a remote which told the chromecast what to do. You could have turned off the phone and the cast would have continued on without an issue.
I casted with HBO Go.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I was just pointing out that casting doesn't use any battery because the phone isn't technically doing anything.
You know more about it than I, for sure. It's not running the app, downloading (and, I thought, at least temporarily storing) it, and then sending it off to the Chromecast?

Codger1212

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
One thing I like about the camera is the fact that the phone takes pretty good pictures when the flash is enabled. My Droid Maxx could not do this. It was horrible in low light. The camera is still not perfect but definitely an improvement.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Say something nice: I waited 2 years for something to replace my RMHD. I wanted to at least match my battery life and ive done that and better. The build quality is good also. I have used Moto phones since coming over from blackberry. Everyone has been good. I really like the mostly vanilla stock android too. Yes there is the typical verizon apps but they can be disabled easily. I use some of the amazon apps but disabled the rest. A family member has a samsung phone and man it looks like a totally different os. I will admit now that I think about it, I actually kinda miss the blackberry keyboard. I was able to type a little bit faster. But yes this is a true replacement for the RMHD and am very satisfied.

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
My wife not being upset because her battery is at 14% by 1pm after charging all night and unplugging at 8am. Her old phone was a DNA, Turbo has almost twice the capacity. Happy wife...happy life!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
My wife not being upset because her battery is at 14% by 1pm after charging all night and unplugging at 8am. Her old phone was a DNA, Turbo has almost twice the capacity. Happy wife...happy life!!!

Posted via the Android Central App
Your wife and I took that same phone path. I could not agree more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress