Droid Turbo: Lollipop software update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheelerpr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if it's just a fix for the advanced calling issues. At this point I'm more interested in that than 5.0.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bob Maida

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Hang in there it will be soon. In the interim get as acquainted with everything concerning your turbo.. all ins and outs.. You can download a more comprehensive owners manual than what comes with the phone.. It can be found on Motorola website.

Posted via the Android Central App

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, it's getting aggravating...

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo

Why? What kickin' new feature in Lollipop is holding back the Turbo from being a great phone?

How many phones have gotten Lollipop so far? Nexus 5 & 6, Moto G, Moto X? Is that it?

Ch4dders

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Why? What kickin' new feature in Lollipop is holding back the Turbo from being a great phone?

How many phones have gotten Lollipop so far? Nexus 5 & 6, Moto G, Moto X? Is that it?

I was referring to the advanced calling issues. Lollipop can wait until it's really ready IMO. I'm excited for Lollipop but don't want it buggy.

And, yes, I think you have the devices right...

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo

MattRevs

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else find it odd that the phone doesn't tell you when it last checked for an update? Just wondering. (I originally decided to reply to my last post but changed my mind and found it impossible to delete this.)

Rogus

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Just saw this "Breaking News" that really is old news.

Motorola to release bug-free Android 5.0 Lollipop Update for Droid Turbo, Moto G, Moto X in Feb 2105

Reported by: `Customs Today Report February 2, 2015

SEOUL: Motorola engineer Luciaono Carvalho revealed earlier this week that the new Android 5.0 Lollipop update will become available to all Motorola devices from 2013 to 2014, Load The Game reports, mentioning that hopes are high about the release date version being bug-free.

Grifter73

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Just saw this "Breaking News" that really is old news.

Motorola to release bug-free Android 5.0 Lollipop Update for Droid Turbo, Moto G, Moto X in Feb 2105

Reported by: `Customs Today Report February 2, 2015

SEOUL: Motorola engineer Luciaono Carvalho revealed earlier this week that the new Android 5.0 Lollipop update will become available to all Motorola devices from 2013 to 2014, Load The Game reports, mentioning that hopes are high about the release date version being bug-free.

Wow! That's a long time to wait! :)

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Luciaono Carvalho never promised a date. That crap was all made up by whoever reported it.

https://plus.google.com/110587026141482969464/posts/cSmnePt6zpP

Motorola Lollipop updates

First of all: peace! :) There is so much anger floating around this topic, I just want to reassure we're working really hard on it, and, as promised, our Moto products from 2014 and 2013 will be updated to Lollipop really soon.

At this point, you may have already heard that some people are receiving 5.0.2 based OTA pushes. That's a limited soak test roll out for some of our products in different regions of the world. The update will be pushed to a wider audience if no critical showstoppers are found by users who already received it.

Users on the 1st generation Moto products need to make sure they have the latest Motorola Updates Services from the Play Store. If you don't see it showing in your list of apps available for update (or it shows as not compatible) don't worry, it'll be available for you to download it really soon.

Updates of this nature take time. It's no secret that when 5.0 launched it still had bugs. And, when we update our products, we end up finding more bugs that need to be fixed. There are a lot of reasons for what that happen, but, basically, each phone has a unique set of components and a way they interact. When Google creates a new release, they don't validate it for all the possible combinations there are, and they won't fix anything that's not reproducible on a Nexus device, that's our job.

I hope you can appreciate the time we spend rounding up the performance and making sure you can continue to enjoy the awesome smooth experience of the amazing Moto products you've come to know and love.

Thank you all for the loyalty and support!

Nowhere does it say February; even in comments, he very carefully avoids promising a timeframe.

I will be surprised if it isn't this month, but I hate it when bloggers make up crap.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I had 5 updates to apps this morning when I turned my Turbo on and 3 of them said they were optimized for lollipop. Maybe were getting close?

macawmatt

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Keep hoping that with the assumed delay of the soak test that "maybe" it'll be 5.1. Its rolling out to a Moto E already so Moto has it. I say assumed because if it had been rolled out we all know that some tech site would of reported on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.