Nylon Owners - Is Nylon a dirt magnet?

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey all. My contract ends next month and I'd love to get my hands on a Turbo. I particularly like the nylon model. Just looks premium to me. The only concern I have is dirt or other light-colored particles (like pocket lint???) getting lodged within the weaves of the back, and being hard to get out without accidentally tearing some of the fibers. I fear the vision of a 2 year old Turbo with frayed nylon all over the back...

For those of you that have owned it for some time now, what are your experiences?

Thanks!

Last edited:

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Just checked the back under a magnifying glass (the kind I use for working on small electronics on the bench) in the area where most of the BN complaints have centered, around the camera, as that's the only area which is exposed on my phone and it had few particles adhered to the nylon, no more than those adhered to the camera lens, and both were easily cleaned. Compared to the what the front of the phone looked like (the phone sees pretty harsh environments in my work), the nylon appears to be doing its job fine. I was skeptical, when first ordering, so ordered a Otterbox Defender with the phone, but user reports appear to show the BN as durable, save for some users who reported defects.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
In a few years it'll be full of smeg, I'm gonna pass if I get this phone although the 64 is tempting, I'd have to go with a case then.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It'd really be no worse than nylon luggage. It's the same material, and that would in most cases see more harsh and dirty environments than a phone does.

As far as my own experience, it may get lint from time to time, and it may get oil/dirt from your hands. But you could use a can of compressed air to clean out the lint, and maybe a sterile wipe to remove any grime. Just my $.02.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
The phone does pick up a little trash, but it is easily wiped off. In short, no real problems.However, I'm still concerned about how the BN will hold up over time. We will see.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Mine still looks great after 3 weeks. Fuzz or lint has occassionally attached itself, but has been easy to remove, and it attracts a lot less than I would have guessed.

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Mine picks up fuzz pretty easily, but you can pick it right out. It's a little frustrating that the cold has set in so suddenly here, had to bust out the pea coat early and it keeps picking up the wool fibers. Not the phones fault though I guess.

ZONGMAN

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I've been to the beach with mine. Accidentally got some sand on the nylon. Came right off lookin new again. It's not a dirt magnet as I thought it would be. The only slight slight fraying that I can spot is around the Motorola emblem. And I mean slight! No regrets.

Vrrroooom pssshhh! *Droid Turbo posting sound*

graygr

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Over time I can't imagine one will be able to prevent accumulation of body oils, hand cheese, etc. I chose the Kevlar model....was great on my Maxx!

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89