Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo 90% off ($6) Tempered Glass Screen Protector from Extreme Guard

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Based on the installation video seems to be the exact same as the Xtreme Guard

Yea I typed the wrong one . It was the glass one . Had it on the phone for about a half hour . It didn't sit flat in the upper left corner .

DrGonzo48

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My extreme guard is still working just fine. The only haloing is below and between the capacitive buttons. In a couple months when there is a wider selection I will go back, research it, and spend enough to get something that will perform and last for two years. The cheap one is just fine as a stop gap.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
This morning, I finally got around to installing mine (replacing the VZW which I was not too happy with and cost 3x more). Fitment was far better than the VZW. Perfect adhesion and positioning on the very first application attempt, and daaaang, that thing is way thicker than the VZW. Makes me feel like my phone is practically armored. I find it interesting that we are getting such a wide variety of user experiences with this product, with a lot of folks being very displeased, and also many being perfectly happy with it. I am happy to fall into the latter category.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
For those wondering how bad XtremeGuardz is I applied it just to show. I turned Flash off because it blocked the excessive Halo. All the off coloring is haloing!

Attachments

• 1419902867016.jpg
    1419902867016.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 46

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that looks bad :(

I have an iVoler but I had an extra Extreme lying around so I put it on my friends to show you all. The halo on bottom, which isn't shown due to light, goes from the bottom to the bottom of glass to just below space bar on Google Keyboard.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
My Extreme was no where near that bad.
Yeah, mine is almost perfect, and I love that the edges are rounded so that you don't feel a sharpness when passing your fingers along the sides. My money was far better spent on it than the VZW version. It's definitely a case-by-case thing.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't know anything about this product or company, but here's a Tempered Glass Screen Protector for 90% off with Promo Code CM90OFF. $59.99 original price was $6 even with free shipping for me.

Motorola Droid Turbo Screen Protector

I assume this is a Cyber Monday sale, so if you're interested, I'd suggest going ahead and getting it today. I mean, 6 bucks? I hope it's worth the original price, and not the sale price, lol.

Yeah, mine is almost perfect, and I love that the edges are rounded so that you don't feel a sharpness when passing your fingers along the sides. My money was far better spent on it than the VZW version. It's definitely a case-by-case thing.

I have a strange feeling that these protectors are not all made equal. I installed two iVoler (.2 mm) on my friends phones and even though it was a perfect install the Halo was much worse on all sides than mine. Seeing as you're saying Extreme has done well for you its the only thing I can think of.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a strange feeling that these protectors are not all made equal. I installed two iVoler (.2 mm) on my friends phones and even though it was a perfect install the Halo was much worse on all sides than mine. Seeing as you're saying Extreme has done well for you its the only thing I can think of.
That's my assessment as well., for what it's worth.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Plus, you can't really recommend any current version without reservations, since everyone's experience is different.

True.

I'm not sure what causes this. It appears the size of the 3 iVolers I've had experience with are the same. Does the adhesive not stick as well on some? Maybe, not sure though. Either way, not many options for the Turbo so its either naked or flaws.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my naked Xtreme Guard Tempered Glass covered Turbo in Walmart yesterday. 4 feet strait to the tile floor. It hit at an angle, facing down and bounced a little bit before settling face down. I was a little anxious when I picked it up, but when I saw the face wasn't shattered, I sighed with relief and put it back in my holster.

However. later when we were pulling into the movie theater parking lot, my girlfriend noticed there was a crack on the screen. So, upon closer inspection, sure enough, the tempered glass protector has 3 separate edge chips (from the bouncing no doubt), and one crack going diagonally from the lower left corner upward toward the middle of the phone about 1.5 inches long. You can barely feel the crack with your fingernail, and can't feel it with the pad of your finger at all.

So, did the Extreme Guard Tempered Glass protector save my screen from cracking, or did it just crack and re-enforce a false sense of security? I don't know. I do know that my experience with the product has been very good (love the feel of it, and the thickness of it). I found another 90% coupon (if you buy 2), and ordered 2 replacements for $12.00 yesterday, no tax and free shipping. Hopefully, I will have the same good luck on installation and fitment as I did on the first one.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, I continue to be one of the few happy customers with the Extreme Guard Tempered Glass product. I replaced my broken one this morning. Pictures below.

The phone with the damaged screen protector after dropping it 4 feet onto a tile floor with bounces. The gouge and crack are obvious. Did it save my phone screen, or just break the protector; who knows? I'll assume the former for peace of mind.
IMG_1022.JPG

The screen protector after carefully removing it from the phone. I don't now if the protector would have continued to crack or not, but it seemed like the crack was slowly spreading (although I may have been imagining that).
IMG_1025.JPG

The new protector installed. Sorry about the reflection of my fingers in the lower left corner. It's surprisingly difficult to get a good photo of a screen protector without something reflecting in the glass surface. Perfect? Maybe not. Is it worth $60? No. $6 after 90% discount? It is IMO.
IMG_1028.JPG

ReverendOD

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
My iVoler .2mm poped a corner up for no reason the other day.... my wifes is still holding on ok. Wishing i would have left my extreme guard on now.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My iVoler .2mm poped a corner up for no reason the other day.... my wifes is still holding on ok. Wishing i would have left my extreme guard on now.

Contact iVoler and see what they can do. Apparently they're now using a better adhesive so this shouldn't happen now.

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Well, I continue to be one of the few happy customers with the Extreme Guard Tempered Glass product. I replaced my broken one this morning. Pictures below.

The phone with the damaged screen protector after dropping it 4 feet onto a tile floor with bounces. The gouge and crack are obvious. Did it save my phone screen, or just break the protector; who knows? I'll assume the former for peace of mind.
View attachment 162436

The screen protector after carefully removing it from the phone. I don't now if the protector would have continued to crack or not, but it seemed like the crack was slowly spreading (although I may have been imagining that).
View attachment 162437

The new protector installed. Sorry about the reflection of my fingers in the lower left corner. It's surprisingly difficult to get a good photo of a screen protector without something reflecting in the glass surface. Perfect? Maybe not. Is it worth $60? No. $6 after 90% discount? It is IMO.
View attachment 162438

did your phone get damaged?

dented?