VoLte quality...

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem. It's crazy annoying. Was fine with the non HD calling and data at the same time on my old phone. This "new and improved" VOLTE is terrible.

Posted via the Android Central App

I had a 2 hour conversation after disabling HD calling in the Advanced Calling settings. No issues at all. I'm leaving it off because non-HD calls are causing too many issues with the feature on.

StormnNJ

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I had a 2 hour conversation after disabling HD calling in the Advanced Calling settings. No issues at all. I'm leaving it off because non-HD calls are causing too many issues with the feature on.
Mine is off as well. Too may issues from it sounding like a fishbowl to data not staying on overnight.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Usually I am not lucky with software upgrades, but on this one I must say I have not had one instance of hissing, dropped calls or voice problems since turning on advanced calling. Possibly because I am generally in very strong 4G areas.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine on and talking to people on other carriers and landlines I haven't had any issues nor have I had anyone complain from their end. Kind of baffled as to why some aren't and a lot are having issues.

wheelerpr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Usually I am not lucky with software upgrades, but on this one I must say I have not had one instance of hissing, dropped calls or voice problems since turning on advanced calling. Possibly because I am generally in very strong 4G areas.

I sit next to a 4G LTE booster in my office building and have full bars at all times and it still acts up there. Based on my experience, signal strength has nothing to do with the issues. I think Verizon just launched VOLTE before it was really ready for prime time.

D._Manley

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I sit next to a 4G LTE booster in my office building and have full bars at all times and it still acts up there. Based on my experience, signal strength has nothing to do with the issues. I think Verizon just launched VOLTE before it was really ready for prime time.

I think you're right about signal strength. I'm constantly on mediocre 4G strength & have no issues with the sound. After the update, the volume *seems* louder but then, I had no problem with volume before the update either. I've not actually had a chance to use HD Voice with another compatible party yet but if it's even better that would be outstanding. Hard to understand why some are affected & not others - maybe the individual cell towers are in play?

mrcraft2u

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Consider yourself lucky. Even so, phone calls were acting up so I had to stop using it. :(

Sorry about that my friend... Weird how some phones have a certain issue and others do not. You would think they would have the exact same issues... I would have to say it's because of apps that have been installed... But I'm no expert... But I do play one in TV! ;-)

mrcraft2u

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I think you're right about signal strength. I'm constantly on mediocre 4G strength & have no issues with the sound. After the update, the volume *seems* louder but then, I had no problem with volume before the update either. I've not actually had a chance to use HD Voice with another compatible party yet but if it's even better that would be outstanding. Hard to understand why some are affected & not others - maybe the individual cell towers are in play?

That's a good point... For some reason my couch is in a dead zone for 4G signal. Always end up moving from the couch if I make/take a call. As for the quality of the HD calling... So far it is unreal how clear it is. My daughter called my wife last night (she also has a turbo) with my phone. When she hung up she looked at me and said "that was weird... It was so clear. Almost like I was talking to Mom here in the living room".

SouthernblondeLKS

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
You are not alone, my friend. After the upgrade my call quality (at least with users who don't have HD calling) was abysmal. Worst call quality I've ever had on a cell phone. I turned it off almost immediately and noticed a slight difference (better). If Verizon doesn't fix it soon I'm going to look into returning the phone. You can't have a phone that has bad call quality. It defeats the purpose of the phone.

I absolutely love the phone otherwise. Great specs, good camera, and excellent battery. Hoping they'll tweak the sound issue. Just curious, has anyone on here contacted Verizon about this issue?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member