How to use the Built-in sound recorder

PeterTheGeek

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
As the screenshot shows, there is a sound recorder. But I don't know how to use it.
Maybe there is already a thread about it somewhere. But not that I know of.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 14502.jpg
    14502.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 145

D._Manley

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
This is not what you think. This app is used for the various voice control functions for Moto Actions & Google Now functions.

PeterTheGeek

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
This is not what you think. This app is used for the various voice control functions for Moto Actions & Google Now functions.
But we can't activate it?
However the app I download from the Google play gives out a poor performance probably due to the lack of noise cancellation.
Thanks though.

Bamzilla

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
It was the same on my Galaxy Nexus. I started with the free version and then bought the pro Easy Voice Recorder pro. It's great for me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420862981186.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420862981186.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 81

D._Manley

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
But we can't activate it?
However the app I download from the Google play gives out a poor performance probably due to the lack of noise cancellation.
Thanks though.

It's always active, it's just part of the phone's operating system if you will. If you want an app for recording, there's a number of good ones available in the Play Store. When you search, ask a question or give a voice command the sound is recorded then transmitted according to the task you are performing. I'm not certain but I think the integral recorder is also used by Verizon's Visual Voice Mail to record the messages on the phone. Since this is a dedicated purpose utility, it's easy to understand why it's not available for other uses. FWIW, I use Easy Voice Recorder Pro as well. .

PeterTheGeek

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I tried a few of those, but as my test goes. I found out that usually only 2of the mics are activated. Come on! Droid turbo has FIVE mics.