A bump in the Nylon + Speaker Static?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine has the same bump. You can really notice it with a clear case so I changed to a different case

There are plenty of Turbos with and without the bump. I watched a tear down video and for the life me me I couldn't see the bump. I also have held devices without the bump and none of those had static. All the bumpy models had static although some were worse then others. Some had slight static and some had very noticeable.

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Oh ok, I thought the bump was supposed to be on front. I usually view this forum from my phone so I couldn't see you attachment until I checked request desktop site on chrome...next time its life proof is off I'll check, maybe tomorrow. Now I'm curious. I do t sense any static to complain about though

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh ok, I thought the bump was supposed to be on front. I usually view this forum from my phone so I couldn't see you attachment until I checked request desktop site on chrome...next time its life proof is off I'll check, maybe tomorrow. Now I'm curious. I do t sense any static to complain about though

Ah. You should download the Android Central Forums app from the Play Store.

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
ive thought about it but then Id probably be on it more than I should, and no I dont have a hard bump, seems perfectly smooth and curved like it should be and no sense of static. THere is a muffle when its in the lifeproof but that doesnt count

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
ive thought about it but then Id probably be on it more than I should, and no I dont have a hard bump, seems perfectly smooth and curved like it should be and no sense of static. THere is a muffle when its in the lifeproof but that doesnt count

As you said that muffle is normal with the Lifeproof case. No bump for you too. My luck has been horrible then, lol. :(

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I wish I could see in person what this bump looks like, interesting. I know this was said earlier in the thread but what if you take the back off, I too have heard its very easy, and just see what it is?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could see in person what this bump looks like, interesting. I know this was said earlier in the thread but what if you take the back off, I too have heard its very easy, and just see what it is?

I watched a video and didn't see a bump so I'm out of luck there. I don't want to void my warranty so taking it apart isn't an option.

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Just to add to the pool.. I haven't been able to detect a bump in the location specified (or anywhere, for that matter). And my speakers have no static that I have noticed.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just to add to the pool.. I haven't been able to detect a bump in the location specified (or anywhere, for that matter). And my speakers have no static that I have noticed.

Lucky.

I'm just listening to SiriusXM and the static is annoying. :(

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, really I've found that bump! Weird...

PS I guess this is the reason:
View attachment 162577

I don't think so. Every device I've felt had the bump above where that's at. Sliding my finger left would meet the camera / mic hole to a degree where as that wouldn't ever do so.

However, nothing else sticks out so I don't know.

Edit: Unless you mean that "hole" in the tan tape. That seems more like the area. But that would mean something isn't properly in place. I just want to know what it is! Lol

Last edited:

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
to me that photo does show what the creaking sound when you press on the back is. I would bet its the wireless charging pad. The ballistic nylon back isnt 100% rigid, its probably pretty flexible (but strong) so when you press it your probably hitting the charging pad. Im sure it isnt bad

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
to me that photo does show what the creaking sound when you press on the back is. I would bet its the wireless charging pad. The ballistic nylon back isnt 100% rigid, its probably pretty flexible (but strong) so when you press it your probably hitting the charging pad. Im sure it isnt bad

Its not creaking though that I'm heading. The charging pad is creating the crunching noise though. I'm getting speaker static.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I got my replacement phone today and the first thing I looked for was the bump. Its not there, so I went to test the sound. No static!

So add another phone to the no bump = no static.

I have to order another Diztronic case though because the bump has deformed the case slightly.

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
jeez it was bad enough to deform the case? I want to see one of these bumps. Im curious. If I were you id have taken it apart before exchanging it, they wouldnt have known and wouldnt have matteres

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
jeez it was bad enough to deform the case? I want to see one of these bumps. Im curious. If I were you id have taken it apart before exchanging it, they wouldnt have known and wouldnt have matteres

It didn't deform horribly but it pushes out slightly now. I could live with it but the case is only $10.

ammarmon

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I had the bump and still have the static.

What is odd is that the bump is smaller than it was. It's almost gone away. The only time I have static that is an issue is when I dial someone and the phone is ringing. After that, the static is gone. I also don't have static when listening to music or videos on the speaker (which is rare).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez