Maintenance question?

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
When I upgraded to advanced calling and followed directions on here to clean or wipe some cache. Can't remember if it was partition or what exactly.

I was wondering if one should do that every so often or is just cleaning the cache via storage good enough...?
Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I rarely do it. I think that it's closer to placebo effect than any real benefit. The only time it's a benefit is if there is corruption in the cache, and I think that's extremely rare. All you do is make the phone rebuild the cache again.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I do the dump from settings/storage every so often but I remembered doing more in depth one before.

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
What definetly slows down your phone is if you have a years worth of text messages....although with our phone being so advanced I'm not sure it makes a difference anymore.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
What definetly slows down your phone is if you have a years worth of text messages....although with our phone being so advanced I'm not sure it makes a difference anymore.

Funny you say that. I never delete my text message or emails from my phone. My Razr Maxx was dog-slow by time I upgraded to the Turbo. I wonder how much that had to do with anything. Even though I reset that phone allot towards the end, I would always restore my text messages and it was still slow.

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Funny you say that. I never delete my text message or emails from my phone. My Razr Maxx was dog-slow by time I upgraded to the Turbo. I wonder how much that had to do with anything. Even though I reset that phone allot towards the end, I would always restore my text messages and it was still slow.

I have that theory with my wife's phone. She keeps every single text she's ever sent or received. I keep mine clean. I only keep text threads for a very short time. Her phone always down after a while. I have no idea if it had anything to do with it, but my phone is always lag free.

Posted via Android Central App

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Trust me all my friends who have android phones and aren't a geek like me lol..well they all complain its slow as a snail...first question how many texts and they always say well as long as we've been friends. Delete! And reboot!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch