Email client contact recommendations

pbannist

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Got my Turbo about a month ago and love it! My only real issue is in the email client - although this issue is the same in the stock email client and I also tried Nine and MailWise to see if they solved it.

I'm coming from a Samsung Galaxy S3 which did not have this issue, and also specifically referring to connecting to an exchange server, although I imagine this behavior is pretty standard.

Basically, when I'm entering the name of a recipient to send to, there are a few issues for me:

* It doesn't seem to cache the emails of users in my corporate exchange directory, so every time I type a coworker's name in, it has to go back to the server - which is useless when I have a bad signal, and in general just takes 5 seconds which is annoying.
* It sorts the recommendations so my internal contacts appear before my exchange corporate email list.

Since 99% of the emails I send from my phone are going to internal contacts, both of these issues are extremely annoying. As I mentioned I tried Nine and MailWise and both do exactly the same thing - it actually appears that this may be a generic Android element that all email apps are using.

Sorry if this is a duplicate I had trouble figuring out how to search for this issue without just getting recommendations for email clients.

Thanks for any help!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Since Exchange is a sort of "pasted on" ability in Android, you're not going to get an Outlook-type capability. Android email clients search Contacts first, then any external address books.

pbannist

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the Nine reco, I might try that. I also just discovered the new Outlook preview app which solves the problem! It has some of its own issues so may need to wait for a newer release, but it does at least prioritize my contact recommendations the way I like:) Thanks!