Verizon cloud issues

Newdroid122

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
So I just re-enabled Google+ since I was told about how it backs up your photos etc to the cloud. However since reinstalling, every time. I do anything on my phone I am asked to reenter my password. Which is just completely unrealistic and terribly annoying. Anyone see anything similar?

At this point I'm just going to opt to not back my pics up,unless there's a fix of some sort

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Where are you seeing those requests to sign in? Are they notifications? Or is it a browser page? Who's asking you to sign in--Google or Verizon?

Go to Settings>Apps>Disabled, and make sure you didn't disable anything else that might be involved with account sign-in.

Newdroid122

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
It pops up, full screen when I go to do anything. I didn't disable anything, all I did was enable google+

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Your topic is Verizon cloud issues but then you say you enabled Google+. Verizon Cloud and Google+ are two completely different things. So is it Google+ or is it Verizon Cloud that keeps popping up? I had issues with Verizon Cloud and ended up disabling it. I've not used Google+.

Newdroid122

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Your topic is Verizon cloud issues but then you say you enabled Google+. Verizon Cloud and Google+ are two completely different things. So is it Google+ or is it Verizon Cloud that keeps popping up? I had issues with Verizon Cloud and ended up disabling it. I've not used Google+.

It's verizon cloud. I mentioned Google+ bc that is the only change I made

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Ok, like I said I had an issue with Verizon Cloud popping up want me to log in, I only used for my contacts, so I disabled it.

Newdroid122

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
We still need some clarification--can you identify what is asking you to sign in? Is it Google or Verizon?

Verizon Cloud...again. I just mentioned Google + bc that was the only change made on my phone. Before downloading enabling Google +, verizon cloud was not popping up. I didn't think they have anything to do with each other, but again, it was the only change, and it began happening immediately after, so thought it was worth the mention on an off chance it had something to do with it.

Again, verizon cloud is what is asking for sign in

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, thanks. I just read through the thread again, and I don't think it was unreasonable to ask, because each of your posts only mentions that you're asked to sign in, and it could be interpreted either way.

Now regarding Verizon Cloud--are you actually using it? Did you ever activate it? Do you want to use it, or would you be fine disabling it if you could? If you don't want it, then try going to Settings>Apps>All, select Verizon Cloud, and see if you can Disable it. If you can't, then Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop--and then don't open it again. I recall with my old Razr Maxx on Verizon that if I ever opened Backup Assistant Plus (which was the precursor to Verizon Cloud), then it was activated and would start working in the background, even if I had never set it up. But if I Cleared Data and Force Stopped it, then it would essentially go away.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok, thanks. I just read through the thread again, and I don't think it was unreasonable to ask, because each of your posts only mentions that you're asked to sign in, and it could be interpreted either way.

Now regarding Verizon Cloud--are you actually using it? Did you ever activate it? Do you want to use it, or would you be fine disabling it if you could? If you don't want it, then try going to Settings>Apps>All, select Verizon Cloud, and see if you can Disable it. If you can't, then Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop--and then don't open it again. I recall with my old Razr Maxx on Verizon that if I ever opened Backup Assistant Plus (which was the precursor to Verizon Cloud), then it was activated and would start working in the background, even if I had never set it up. But if I Cleared Data and Force Stopped it, then it would essentially go away.

B. Diddy is on the right track

The only way to actually disable Verizon Cloud would be to choose the Disable option with the App Manager. It even says this on the About page or whatever in the app. If you still want to use the Cloud, try and clear the cache and all its data and if that fails disable and reenable the app.

Let us know.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I never liked Verizon Cloud. I use OneDrive to back up all my photos and any files needing backed up. Much easier and cleaner. I came from a Samsung phone and all my photos were on OneDrive, installed OneDrive and works excellent. Have it sat that it updates the camera when it's plugged in and charging. Gives me a chance to clear pics I don't want.

Newdroid122

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys... I disabled verizon cloud bc I couldn't take it anymore. Maybe I'll give one drive a shot. Thanks for the recommendation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty