Screen lock with Pin

happycat9

Aug 5, 2019
Visit site
About a month ago I set a pin lock on my watch to be able to pay with my watch. This means that I need to enter the pin every day when I put on my watch. Occasionally during the day I need to reenter the pin. After a month or so I’m finding entering the pin is bothersome since I seldom pay with my watch.

is There a way to set the watch so that a pin is required only when making a payment? At this point I’m ready to forgo using my watch for payments just to get rid o the annoying pin.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's been long time since I played with a watch , I have the Samsung watch 5 that's collecting dust lol ... Isn't there on body detection can use it stays unlocked like Google trusted devices? Hopefully others can chime in .

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If Samsung follows Apple's lead and they seem to be doing now, I doubt it. With apple watch if you disable the PIN to unlock you lose the apple pay and other things. You would think requiring PIN for Samsung or Google pay only would be a good option.

happycat9

Aug 5, 2019
Visit site
Yes, a pin for Samsung or Google pay only would be a great option. I don’t want to deal with a pin daily and more, when really it is only needed for the occasional pay with watch. In fact, I have now disabled pay with watch since I've decided the pin annoyance outweighs the occasional pay with watch convenience.

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
If Samsung follows Apple's lead and they seem to be doing now, I doubt it. With apple watch if you disable the PIN to unlock you lose the apple pay and other things. You would think requiring PIN for Samsung or Google pay only would be a good option.
The requirement comes from the financial institutions so no one is going to change that. Apple, Samsung, Google.. whoever.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter