Broken Screen -- Free Replacement??

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Guys -- I dropped my turbo this morning and now I have a crack in the screen. :( I seem to remember something about 1 free screen replacement as a deal when they first came out. Is this true and how to I partake in this?

Thanks!

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Just go to a Verizon corporate store and they might be able to handle it for you. Otherwise, contact Motorola.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I ended up calling Motorola and they fixed it for $125.00 + Tax. We they didn't exactly fix it, they took my broken phone and $125.00 and in-turn sent me a "like new" refurbished turbo. I have to set it up this weekend and see how it goes. Every screen replacement place around here wanted around $275.00 to fix it.

I will see how this goes.....

lithoman23

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I ended up calling Motorola and they fixed it for $125.00 + Tax. We they didn't exactly fix it, they took my broken phone and $125.00 and in-turn sent me a "like new" refurbished turbo. I have to set it up this weekend and see how it goes. Every screen replacement place around here wanted around $275.00 to fix it.

I will see how this goes.....

Sooooo... I guess the 1 time free replacement is $125.00 go figure!!

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Am I missing something? I thought you are entitled to 1 free screen replacement? I can certainly understand if the OP was willing to pay $125 for a "like new" refurbished phone, but my current phone is in great shape and I don't think that I would pay for the exchange.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Sooooo... I guess the 1 time free replacement is $125.00 go figure!!

Am I missing something? I thought you are entitled to 1 free screen replacement? I can certainly understand if the OP was willing to pay $125 for a "like new" refurbished phone, but my current phone is in great shape and I don't think that I would pay for the exchange.

Had he of called Verizon Wireless they would have replaced the phone for free. Its a one time exchange and its effective for 2 years from the date of purchase.

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
yea im pretty ure it is free through verizon. But they also give you a refurb..honestly I would buy the screen off ebay and install myself for the 185 because mine is in perfect shape and no issues.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
yea im pretty ure it is free through verizon. But they also give you a refurb..honestly I would buy the screen off ebay and install myself for the 185 because mine is in perfect shape and no issues.

My refurbished is better than any new Turbo I had. I got unlucky and all my new ones had a bump which created speaker static. Definitely worth saving the $150. My insurance deductible is $99 so even that's cheaper and it would be brand new.

*rates have changed for those who got insurance after November 20th. Its a $150 deductible.

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Thats great your refurb is better, but for me, I have no issues with mine. Theres no way verizon is taking it on for a refurb, Ill replace it myself to keep my perfect phone.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm super confused. I'm deciding between phones and one of the things drawing me to the Turbo was the 1 free screen replacements. Is this not true?

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
It continues to amaze me that in 2015, we still see so many broken device screens. I can see getting scratches, if carry with keys, etc, but to break from a simple fall. It just doesn't make sense.

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
honestly I think if people used otterboxes instead of the silly little stylish cases that dont protect, there would be less breaking. Many broken screens are the result of cheap plastic snap on or gel cases that offer minimal protection. I know otterboxes arent 100% protection but I had one for my droid x and my gnex and I would throw my phone no joke 30 feet in the air and it would smash down onto pavement and be fine. It was a tank.

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I know a guy that dropped his 4 feet to prove the otter box was incredible. He had an iPhone with cracked screen afterwards.

It's all circumstantial IMO. You'll have greater luck with beefier cases but Murphy's law is always in effect.

Posted via the Android Central App

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
honestly I think if people used otterboxes instead of the silly little stylish cases that dont protect, there would be less breaking. Many broken screens are the result of cheap plastic snap on or gel cases that offer minimal protection. I know otterboxes arent 100% protection but I had one for my droid x and my gnex and I would throw my phone no joke 30 feet in the air and it would smash down onto pavement and be fine. It was a tank.
Honestly, I don't think I should have to but an ugly arsed otterbox case on my phone to protect it to begin with. I've never used a case for protection, and never broken a phone as a result of not doing so. Having said that, if I worked in construction, or similar profession where phone damage was high risk, I'd change my tune, but as an average user, I have found through personal experience that careful use of my phone is adequate protection. I will say that with the advent of Tempered Glass, I feel more secure, while not detracting from the appearance and original form factor of my phone. That's just me; I know a lot of you guys are big on cases, and I'm not knocking your preferences.

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Yea I here you, trust me, when I take my turbo out of the lifeproof I get to really wanting it to be naked, but at the same time I know it needs that protection. Unfortunalty phones by themselves are extremely limited in protection. Even so much as a waterproof phone such as the samsung S active isn't entirely reliable and well done. I do here you though I am extremely tempted to not use a case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo