How do you get the screen to stop dimming in the sunlight?

perithimus

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I love this phone, but the screen dimming in the sun makes it unreadable. Any way to stop it? I have auto bright turned off.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not dimming, it looks dimmer because the sunlight is so bright. Either turn auto-brightness on, use an app like Velis Auto Brightness (which is better than Android's auto brightness function) or turn the brightness up manually when you're in sunlight.

slowmyke

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Yup, I noticed my phone doing it as well earlier this year. Extremely irritating and counterintuitive. It was making my phone almost unusable in sunlight. If you turn auto brightness on, it will work correctly, however. I don't really like auto brightness as it's usually too bright for me, but I've got an auto toggle switch for quickly turning auto brightness on and off if I'm going outside.

Bagua

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue, reading AC then the screen dimmed continuously, I went into settings, display and ticked the adaptive brightness to off.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Karl Turbo

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Mine is on auto and it dims in the sun. How moronic. Makes me want to throw my phone across the room. Last droid did the same thing, so it's not just the Turbo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699