ringer silent after using Square Reader

CapnDaveNC

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
After doing the Lollypop upgrade, I lose ringer volume after unplugging the Square Reader. The ringer is on silent, and the volume bar is grayed out. I have to reboot the phone to get it back.. Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

jrmt077

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
If your square reader mutes the ringer while connected, the software may be remaining in memory after the reader is disconnected. Go to settings / apps / running and look for the square reader app. If it is running do a force close and see if that solves it. Rebooting would do this same action.

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
After doing the Lollypop upgrade, I lose ringer volume after unplugging the Square Reader. The ringer is on silent, and the volume bar is grayed out. I have to reboot the phone to get it back.. Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

Does anything happen if you re-plug the Square reader and remove it? How about multiple times? The phone detects via software when headphones are plugged in, and since the Square reader uses the headphone jack, if there is any dust/corrosion in your jack the software may be getting confused. Perhaps the software just isn't that good about detecting the change; try removing the Square reader very quick, and if that doesn't help, try very slow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa