NFC icon no longer appears on status bar.

Ping Man

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I've like to try Android Pay. So I set everything up and turned on NFC in Advanced settings, as well as the Android Pay setting. However, I don't see the NFC icon. Did the is icon go away with the Lollipop update? What am I missing. I tried using Android Pay at the grocery store today and it did not register with the POS terminal.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't see an NFC icon on my Nexus 5 running Marshmallow. It might be a change in Google Play Services, rather than the actual system update.

Are you certain the terminal was compatible with Android or Apple Pay? Also, do you have a screen lock set up? Android Pay requires you to have a screen lock.

Ping Man

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
No more NFC icon, but I was able to make my first Android Pay purchase at McDonald's. So it must be working. I just wish more vendors accepted Android Pay.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Remember that Android Pay can be used at any kiosk that also accepts Apple Pay.

Slightly off topic, I just got my free Android figurine at Jamba Juice today for paying with Android Pay! If you haven't already, go to your nearest Jamba Juice and get one while you can.

IMG_20151018_112426.jpg

Johnny Fever

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I like the android pay app also. Does the app need to be open to use? I havent used it more than 10 times but I feel like I have to have the app open to use. Its either that or I have zero finesse...yet.

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Android Pay does not need to be opened to work, which is why they make you enable a lock screen on your phone...which is why I don't use Android Pay now. The old Google Wallet you did have to open the app before you used it but you didn't have to have a lock on your whole phone.

Johnny Fever

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I thought the screen lock was going to be a pain as well but i put a lock delay of 30 min and no problems. You can delay lock up to 50min. I always check my phone sometime b/w then so only rarley do I have to unlock if phone near me...try it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87