Glass repair / cases

Steve Penzien

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello ultra lovers,

I have had my Ultra since release and have loved everything about it... Except... It felt fragile. I went with the otter box and found it to be very protective. However at the sacrifice of the quality of the display. So, I gambled and went naked. Ok for a few weeks. Everything felt and worked better. Until today when gravity got the best of me and my phone. :(

2 questions follow this unfortunate event.

1. Has anyone come across an inexpensive repair option for the glass? The display works, case is good. The glass is so bad I can feel it on my fingers and even worse, I am unable to use the soft keys now. I have quotes from Motorola ($190) to $250+ from independent shops.

2. Are there any cases out there you use that give 110% protection of this fragile little thing as well as show off its talents?

I look forward to your insight.

btw. As of now, I think the cheapest and quickest option is to get another one, add a line and deal with an extra # for 2 years.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Ouch, ouch, ouch! I feel your pain too! I don't know about repair options because, cross fingers, I haven't had to go there. And I don't know of any case that gives you 100% protection, but the Otterbox you had is probably the most protective. But yes, it's not attractive.

My most protective case and the one I feel most secure using is the Speck Candy Shell Grip. It is still attractive but also protective. I use it when I think the activities of a particular day might require it! And it really does feel great in the hand, very secure grip.

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
you didn't mention the otterbox model you tried, I just got my case in today, the otterbox commuter. so far, so good, and there is no screen interference. the problem I was having is the phone is actually too thin. odd to say but I thought it would be great when I bought the phone but found out that it is actually difficult to handle. its hard to pick up off of a hard surface such as a table and just holding it like any of my other phones, I just cant seem to keep it from slipping out of my hand. anyway, this is the first phone I had to buy a case for, six hours into this and I like it.

EKinNJ

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Tell me how you resolved your broken screen problem. Mine broke recently and Motorola is charging $150 to repair it. Kind of hard to swallow.

-- Make that $175

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member