Is there a way to stop GMail from Automatic Updates?

RTR13

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Received a replacement DX and for now am able to use my missed call, SMS, Gmail notifiers via Go Launcher EX Notification. Prior to receiving this phone the latest GMail update broke this capability. So, yesterday I happpened to look at my replacement phone and Gmail was updating, I stopped it and was looking for the check box..... allow auto updates and I can't find it. So, I searched around and can't seem to find a workaround. Bottom line.... I do NOT want to update to latest GMail version. Is there a way to prevent my phone from auto updating GMail? Not rooted, 2.3.

Thank you

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Mine has that check box. It isn't in the app itself. You have to go to gmail in the market. For me the check box is right under the preview pictures.

RTR13

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Mine has that check box. It isn't in the app itself. You have to go to gmail in the market. For me the check box is right under the preview pictures.

Ok, thxs for reply! I went to gmail in the market and my options are: open & update. I don't see "preview pictures". What OS are you using? I am not rooted, using 2.3.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I am on 2.3 but I am rooted and running a custom rom. It shouldn't make a difference though as our market apps should be the same. If you look below where it says "open" and "update" you will see a couple of pictures of the app and then underneath that you will see a little box and next to it the words "allow automatic updating". If that box is checked, uncheck it. It is right above "Rate & Review". If you don't see it there, I don't know why that would be.

RTR13

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok, think I found out what's up..... Strange though: My GMail is listed as not installed under my apps but yet I am receiving gmail.( this must be why I don't see the option to "allow automatic updating". Also, wonder if unistalling/reinstalling would open up the option to "allow auto update. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa