Home button won't work?

TMFGO45

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I had a problem a while back where a few of my hard keys weren't working. Then all of a sudden they all started working as normal. Now my home key won't function. Anybody ever had this or know of a fix? Pretty annoying not being able to jump straight to the home screen...i hope someone can help.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I've had the button problem occur, and also once had the touch screen fail to respond. Both were resolved with a power off/on cycle. I have no idea what precipitated either of them.

Annoying, but I'm praying that they remain as isolated events.

TMFGO45

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately for me, power cycling is having no affect on the issue. That home button is really missed when you can't use it!

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I can imagine how annoying that is. I suppose you could try the battery pull, and finally a factory reset, but it just might be a broken switch.

I hope you still have warranty or insurance coverage.

TMFGO45

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I do, but the galaxy nexus is just around the corner.....don't even know if I want to mess with a replacement at this point. Although it would raise the resale value, and it might be a droid x2....

Of course, I will also have to unroot, and unpatch the tether patch...wouldn't want to get in any trouble ;)

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Nope, you don't want to get in trouble with VZN. Good luck with it.

Like you, I've got am itch for the GN. Can't wait til March.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, I'm not eligible for my discount until March.

That's OK, I'm still pretty happy with the DX for now, and all of the startup bugs on the GN, assuming that there are any (and there always are) should be cleaned up by then.

Tessistrash

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately for me, power cycling is having no affect on the issue. That home button is really missed when you can't use it!

Same for me. I have a droid Maxx 2 and it's not responding when I press the home button or my opened apps button.
It all started when I was recording a game, and it crashed. Nothing works to help it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non