dropped droid x in water HELPPPP

N8psycho

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
i dropped my droid x in water, after 4 days in rice it turns on again, everything seems to be in working order (havent tried calling anyone yet) except that it doesnt reconize the battery and wont charge.

do i need to get a new battery or do i need to suck it up say i lost the phone and pay insurance cost to get a new one?

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
It could be the battery but unless it got extremely wet it's probably the phone. I've observed that a phone that gets wet to the point where rice needs to dry it out, typically dies at some point anyway. In other words it's just a matter of time.

I do get your apprehension to use the insurance I've had some bad phones from assurion.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: N8psycho

N8psycho

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
ima go to a store tomorrow and get a used battery if its the phone im screwed, but if its just the battery i can tough it out till my contract ends this year

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
you say you are going to suck it up and say you lost the phone and file an insurance claim. Isnt dropping it in the water covered under the same asurion claim? its for accidental damage. Not sure why you would have to lie about it. If you say you lost it, and kept the phone they kill the ESN so you cant use it anyway.