The Droid X is official!

Will you be upgrading at launch?

• Total voters
G

GenericMessage

Well you wont preorder it on the day it comes out.

Verizon has been very "meh" about preordering product through them.

Best buy will assuredly have preorders, but you wont be able to take advantage of the early upgrade through them.

Or even the 13 month upgrade for BBY.

You need to be ready for your 2 year upgrade for BBY

Syco54645

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat with my curve. I'm eligible for an annual upgrade July 5th to be exact.

I actually received a notification today from Big Red giving me a green light for an early upgrade and 50 dollars off to boot. I can barely contain myself. July 15 can't get here soon enough!
:)

Where did you get that notification from? Why do I never get these?! I called and can upgrade at 1 year on July 13th. If only I could get $50 off, I would be ecstatic.

G

GenericMessage

Where did you get that notification from? Why do I never get these?! I called and can upgrade at 1 year on July 13th. If only I could get $50 off, I would be ecstatic.

Probably if you pissed up a storm with them, they would!

mcguirej

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I am still using an original BB Storm and can't decide between the Droid X or the Incredible. I am a little apprehensive about the size of the DX, but like the noise cancelling mic, 720 video capture, 16 gig card, and 8 megapixel camera.

tlc246

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

It came in the mail. It was a big envelope with a silver bow. I almost threw it out. I'm not sure what prompted it. I did sign up to receive e-mail notifications about droid x ( a couple of days before the big unveiling) on the Verizon website and they asked if I was a current Verizon customer and my phone number, maybe that helped me.

G

GenericMessage

I am still using an original BB Storm and can't decide between the Droid X or the Incredible. I am a little apprehensive about the size of the DX, but like the noise cancelling mic, 720 video capture, 16 gig card, and 8 megapixel camera.

Really?

The Droid X blows the INC right out of the water!

Better processor. Better screen. New moto-blur. HDMI. Better camera. Better mics. More than likely will get 2.2 before the INC.

The choice is pretty obvious.

spudskier

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
no wonder Bizz hasn't been on here in a while haha.

i don't qualify for the upgrade but i think ill make it. this phone is nice but the rumored one at the end of the year sounds amazing.

Links to info on the end of year phone? My contract is up in October and I'm eligible for the upgrade now to the X but if something spectacularly better is coming in a few months I don't mind hangin on to my P.O.S. Storm (original)

Syco54645

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
YYeeaaahhhhh, thats not true. Trust me ;)

Hmmm. Got proof of that? I have read countless times that when you call into support and complain that they keep a log. In fact my friend was trying to get a new phone and said he always dropped calls when the rep said something along the lines of "checking your records you only dropped two in the past three months" he hung up and called again and the next rep knew of it...

G

GenericMessage

Hmmm. Got proof of that? I have read countless times that when you call into support and complain that they keep a log. In fact my friend was trying to get a new phone and said he always dropped calls when the rep said something along the lines of "checking your records you only dropped two in the past three months" he hung up and called again and the next rep knew of it...

Thats not flagging an account of someone who "complains a-lot"

Thats just taking notes on a complaint, that way when/if he calls with the same problem, the next rep knows of it to better and more swiftly serve him.

If you wish to argue, take it out of these forums.

Syco54645

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Thats not flagging an account of someone who "complains a-lot"

Thats just taking notes on a complaint, that way when/if he calls with the same problem, the next rep knows of it to better and more swiftly serve him.

If you wish to argue, take it out of these forums.

I was not arguing at all. If it came across that way then I apologize. I was asking for proof and relaying a story of mine. I am not going to jeopardize my ability to receive support. On crackberry it is a common held belief that they will make notes on your account if you constantly call try to complain your way to a new phone. In fact the vzw reps on that frequent crackberry have said that they do this. if they are truly reps remains to be seen... This makes sense to me and judging on my friend's experiences I tend to believe it.

My friend calling back and the next rep saying that they saw that he complained about dropped calls but has not had that occur does not benefit him in any way. It seems more of a way of mentioning that he has lied to support in order to get a free phone.

Last edited:

Syco54645

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
It came in the mail. It was a big envelope with a silver bow. I almost threw it out. I'm not sure what prompted it. I did sign up to receive e-mail notifications about droid x ( a couple of days before the big unveiling) on the Verizon website and they asked if I was a current Verizon customer and my phone number, maybe that helped me.

Thanks, I will make sure to keep my eye out. I figured it would have come via email. Kinda odd that it would come via snail mail...

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Links to info on the end of year phone? My contract is up in October and I'm eligible for the upgrade now to the X but if something spectacularly better is coming in a few months I don't mind hangin on to my P.O.S. Storm (original)

it's rumored to be called the droid pro. you know the news about Motorola putting a 2 ghz processor in one of their new phones that will be out at the end of the year? this is the rumored droid pro. if this solidifies into fact then im sold. The droid x is nice but the way i see it, it isn't the next best thing if it isn't the first of its kind. Droid was the first and look how long that thing has lasted. it seems like the Droid x is more of a time filler phone. it is a great phone but it is place in there to hold people over until the end of the year and also so we don't forget about motorola haha

G

GenericMessage

I was not arguing at all. If it came across that way then I apologize. I was asking for proof and relaying a story of mine. I am not going to jeopardize my ability to receive support. On crackberry it is a common held belief that they will make notes on your account if you constantly call try to complain your way to a new phone. In fact the vzw reps on that frequent crackberry have said that they do this. if they are truly reps remains to be seen... This makes sense to me and judging on my friend's experiences I tend to believe it.

My friend calling back and the next rep saying that they saw that he complained about dropped calls but has not had that occur does not benefit him in any way. It seems more of a way of mentioning that he has lied to support in order to get a free phone.

All I am saying is don't be so paranoid :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non