The Droid X is official!

Will you be upgrading at launch?

• Total voters

tlc246

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I will make sure to keep my eye out. I figured it would have come via email. Kinda odd that it would come via snail mail...

I thought that was kind of weird too but I sort the mail at work and one of my bosses received the same kind of invitation except his was for NE2 and it was for $100 off. He threw it in the garbage (he's not a techy guy), needless to say I almost fainted on the spot. LOL!

G

GenericMessage

I thought that was kind of weird too but I sort the mail at work and one of my bosses received the same kind of invitation except his was for NE2 and it was for $100 off. He threw it in the garbage (he's not a techy guy), needless to say I almost fainted on the spot. LOL!

NE2 is for only $50 off now (i think, right) so DEAL!

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes, only REAL verizon stores will do the annual upgrades. (so no third party, mall kiosk, or BBY stores)

You get one every 13 months.

P.S. It does NOT ship with 2.2 (so no foryo)

YEP, found this out today when I tried to preorder at BB (after having been told at the Verizon store their system said I was early upgrade eligible today). They came with my only upgrade date is the regular one. I was hoping to save on the rebate :-(

Ah well so I can either do it through VZW directly, OR wait till I have a legitimate upgrade on 8/8/10

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Will you be able to preorder the X prior to the 15th, or will I have to do it on that day?

In all likelihood you will be able to order the device on the web or through telesales the week before it is released and have it shipped to be in your hands on release day. I did that with the Incredible.

G

GenericMessage

In all likelihood you will be able to order the device on the web or through telesales the week before it is released and have it shipped to be in your hands on release day. I did that with the Incredible.

Best Buy is doing them

Smerri

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I will most likely be getting the Droid X. I am coming from a BB Storm (which I hate) and was so close to getting the Tour 9650 at Verizon the other day but luckily my friend who works at Verizon talked me out of it for the time being. I then heard of the Droid X and think this is what I want.

Not shipping with 2.2 or Flash however, is this holding people back from purchasing on release or is it a minor issue that will be upgradeable later on so it's not holding anyone back? - After looking at the poll it appears I answered my own question.

Looking forward to putting my hands on this phone and trying it out.