Pre-Ordering the Droid

Is the droid x worth pre ordering?

• Total voters

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Was just wondering what you guys opinion on pre-ordering this phone was. Think it's going to be one of those can't find it in stores devices, or is it not worth the trip to the store?

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if Amazon started doing upgrades instead of just new service contracts. They usually have pretty good prices.

thedroidblog

Apr 26, 2010
theandroidblog.com
Notice they aren't guaranteeing you'll get the phone though. I was the first one to preorder last Friday at my store. I just called and they said I'm not guaranteed either. She said no manager was there for me to talk to so I'll be heading in tomorrow morning to figure out what is going on.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

thedroidblog

Apr 26, 2010
theandroidblog.com
Well, I was pissed, until I got home and read the fine print on the preorder form. The reason I was is because the sales guy told me I would be getting it on the 15th when I ordered it so that's just what I assumed. And also the fact that they chick I just spoke to gave me major attitude. I'm just going to wait and see what happens. If they can't confirm that I'll have it on the 15th a couple days before that then I'll just try to get one from a Verizon store. I can always use the $50 gift card for some printer ink.

thedroidblog

Apr 26, 2010
theandroidblog.com
Straight from the pre-order flyer and I was the first one at my store.

droid-x-pre-order-no-guarantee.jpg

This pre-sale is a confirmation that the DROID X by Motorola will be reserved in your name. Phones will be allocated to customers in the order that they were received. Due to the sometimes unpredictable nature of pre-sales versus inventory availability, we cannot guarantee the Droid X by Motorola will be available for all previously placed pre-orders on the day of launch.

I'm just going to try and confirm closer to the 15th that they will be getting some in on the 15th or not. Hopefully the girl I spoke to today didn't really know what she was talking about.

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna order online, free overnight shipping and activation.I'm coming from the evo, nice phone but sprint has screwed me one too many times

mapexvenus

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Pre-orders with BB will re-open tomorrow. I visited a location in Beaverton OR and confirmed that this is true. What we don't know is whether those that are not adding a line or upgrading will can pay full price.

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I dont know about the rest of you but...when i did the PreOrder at BB they said they will call on the 13th to confirm a time for pick up(setting up appointments for the iphone was so much simpler and more relaxed with the iphone that they are doing it again). Calls will be made in the order that they were placed. If you were the first at that location, you will be the first they call. The guy i dealt with even put a #1 on my preorder sheet. He also told me that they had ordered 75 Droid X'. So i dont think there will be a problem if you did the preorder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress