can you push the clock speed up on the droid x.

flipster

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
So im new to droids and i guess there is something called rooting. I dont know what it means but i know that it kind of like jail breaking an ipod. I was wondering since people did this with the droid could you push the clock speed on the droid x up.

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
If they can get it rooted right, then yes, if not, then no, but I wouldn't worry about it right now, the phone is plenty fast enough as it is.

Thablackguy

Apr 18, 2010
www.twitter.com
For what reason would you need to overclock the fastest (not saying it to spark a debate on which processor is faster, i'm just saying its 1ghz and its the fastest so far) processor on the market ? Don't you think that is completely unnecessary ?

quetzalcoatl

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
For what reason would you need to overclock the fastest (not saying it to spark a debate on which processor is faster, i'm just saying its 1ghz and its the fastest so far) processor on the market ? Don't you think that is completely unnecessary ?

Because it is not the fastest processor on the market. That goes to the hummingbird. And to some they must have the fastest on the block.

chadilac5070

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

Because if would be cool!! nuff said

SilverLight98

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Why make the clock speed faster? Because we could make it faster. Yes 1ghz is the fastest that phones run at right now, but we all know that it wont be long until 1.5, 2ghz and dual core phones come out. Overclocking is a way to keep up without buying a new phone.

Sent from my Droid

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
i think the max this phone will see is 1.6 but it will be a beast at those speeds. now lets hope they can figure out how to overclock the gpu

flipster

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Oh cool lol I was wondering because I know the droid had a clock speed of like 500 mhz and people pushed it up to 1 ghz or something.... So thats why I was like well 1 ghz standard could probably be pushed up to like 1.4 ghz. I'm new to droids so its confusing for me.

quetzalcoatl

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Why make the clock speed faster? Because we could make it faster. Yes 1ghz is the fastest that phones run at right now, but we all know that it wont be long until 1.5, 2ghz and dual core phones come out. Overclocking is a way to keep up without buying a new phone.

Sent from my Droid

And that only matters if there are programs that use that speed. And to date there really are not many short of games. And if someone want a handset to game on the Galaxy S is a better choice.

TYagoto

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Well I think within a month of release someone will figure it out. However for me I doubt I will get around to doing it. Just like over clocking a computer it will lower the life of the CPU and it will get hotter. Just some warnings. I still can imagine it would be fun though >:]