Everyone still getting a Droid X?

spooksmcgee

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
That is ridiculously ambiguous as far as dates go. It could still be a year off. No, it won't change my decision. Any 4G phone on Verizon is at least 6 months away.

spooksmcgee

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Deploying LTE

We will launch our 4G LTE network in 25 to 30 markets late in 2010, covering approximately 100 million people; we’ll double that in 2012. And we plan to cover our entire existing 3G footprint with 4G LTE by the end of 2013.

vudu

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I believe they stated before that initially the network will be for laptops, and with handsets not rolling out till next summer. You still have a year basically...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

mflynn

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting only a one year contract and so when my contract expires in 2011, I can evaluate whether to upgrade or not.

lemcoe9

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
3G is JUST fine for me as of July 14th, and in two years I will re-evaluate. Also, I don't like being an early adopter as far as wireless networks go. They're just to unstable and (in the case of the EVO) expensive :/

EDIT: Also, to answer your question, no I will be getting my X tomorrow as scheduled.

tlane01

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm still getting the Droid X. by the time LTE hits SW MO, and they have 4G handsets for verizon, i'll bite the bullet and pay the early upgrade fee etc. But i will get at least a year or year and half out of this handset.

rinnr1

Press ALT-F4 to see nudes
May 12, 2010
Visit site
Yep going for the free one too as soon as Twitter gives me some Denver Clues!

I'm a poet and didn't even know it

Last edited:

tduffysd

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I'm in South Dakota. We were one of the last to see EVDO so I'm sure we will be one of the last to see LTE here. I'm getting the Droid X and I bet I'll be eligible for upgrade again before there is LTE in my area.

Vone

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I spend most of my time either in New York City or Newark, I wont be seeing LTE for at least two years Im guessing.

c4v3man

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Everyone sees things differently, but here's my perspective.

LTE will have little effect on app development outside of media streaming. Even media streaming apps will still be usable on the X, either using slower EVDO or WIFI at the same or faster speed than LTE.

The Droid X is at a unique period in Android development. It's going to perform very well running apps that are designed for the most common platform (droid1 or snapdragon 1Ghz based phones). So using this software will deliver a premium experience on the device. I'm guessing the next wave of devices, such as the 2Ghz phones that are floating around out there, may launch with Gingerbread and run newer, more cutting edge software. However, as a first run next gen device, it'll be slow in running those new apps. Then this time next year, new phones will run that next gen software even better.

Irregardless, the DroidX will be a good phone, if not great. I'm excited to see what the future holds for it.