Let's do it: Post pictures taken with your Droid X!

syco2020

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
curb your enthusiasm

viewer

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
A few questions

Hello-
I'm not currently a Droid user yet, but in the market and researching the X and Incredible. I'm hoping some of you can answer a few questions.

1. Is it safe to say the Incredible will take the same quality photos?
2. Does the Incredible also have the panoramic mode?
3. I see some users have camera apps that enhance the camera. Are these apps available for both the X and Incredible?

Thanks! Any other insight you want to offer is welcome!

Jim

fecurtis

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Hello-
I'm not currently a Droid user yet, but in the market and researching the X and Incredible. I'm hoping some of you can answer a few questions.

Yes.

Not to my knowledge.

3. I see some users have camera apps that enhance the camera. Are these apps available for both the X and Incredible?

I have an Adobe Photoshop app for my X, it's free and I use that for quick touch ups on the go.

HTH

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello-

Thanks! Any other insight you want to offer is welcome!

Jim

1) The Incredible is capable of producing some good images, too. Here's an example.

4613322169_d12f5d547d_o.jpg

Here are some images I took with a couple different camera apps on the Incredible.

Matthew D. Lyons's Photos - Android Photo Apps Test Album | Facebook

The default camera in the Droid X and the Incredible both have nice features, some not found on the other. In my opinion, fine tuning is a better/easier on the Incredible. The "scene" modes available on the Droid X are useful.

2) You don't have the panorama option available with the Incredible.

3) Camera apps can be used on any Android device. I've used the same camera apps on both the Incredible and the Droid X with equal results.

darreno1

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
The incredible will take good sharp photos but the color accuracy is not as good as the X. The X's color is very true to life.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone, keep 'em coming! Another question though. Does Android have Flickr integration or is there a free Flickr app? Thanks again!

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Stang68 is troll trying to post on an android site with no droid. LOL

Lol I already apologized for grabbing the wrong pic off my photobucket (does look good for an 8330 pic, though!)

Here's a different one...shot with the X!

2010-08-02_11-55-04_538.jpg

2010-08-02_11-54-24_865.jpg

I think they look ok...I don't know, my earlier X pictures seemed to look better...

rrbrambley

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Alamo Square

Doesn't look like the panoramas will show in their full-blown glory, but two of them are from Alamo Square (different parts of the park, on different days), and one is a view from Buena Vista Park (both locations in SF). Also, a couple other fun ones. All the original images taken with the stock Droid X camera, with no post-processing.

FoggyAlamoSquarePanoramawithRobert.jpg

2010-07-15_18-47-41_311.jpg

BuenaVistaDowntown2010-07-18_09-50-58_347.jpg

ghostbusters_8thAndBryant.jpg

2010-07-22_19-10-38_883.jpg

Hosehead

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Here are two from this weekend while I was traveling...

dc1.jpg

dc2.jpg

I haven't really played with the settings to improve picture quality yet...still getting the hang of everything else...LOL.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I notice on a lot of the panoramic shots, there is some discoloration (almost looks b & w) where the photos must be fused together. Still great photos for a phone though!

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
A clean lens v. a dirty one!

I can't believe how much difference there is between a clean lens and a lens that wasn't just wiped off.

Lens pre-shirt wipe

contentmediaexternalimagesmedia365.jpg

Lens post-shirt wipe

contentmediaexternalimagesmedia366.jpg

Lesson learned: Always give lens a quick wipe before shooting.

rh166c

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Oops this is the right pic, btw can you upload more than one pic at a time with tapatalk?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kasplash

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
These are very nice, but they're all shot in full sunlight. That's easy...
How are the indoor low light pics? That's where I always have trouble.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez