Verizon site pops up when connected to computer

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like you have it set to connect for tethering by default.

Someone with an X jump in here and explain how to set default to charge only! (I don't have an X)

alpha752

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Its talking about VCast Media Manager. It was set to PC mode, and I changed it to USB mass storage and it still did it.

Fabian43

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
My problem is when I connect my X to the Mac the following error occurs "the disk inserted was not readable by the computer." Why is this? How can I fix it?

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
When you connect your phone to your PC, you should see a little Motorola icon in the bottom right of your Start menu (where the clock is). Right click on it, select "When phone connects, launch..."

Then select "Nothing".

Last edited:

alpha752

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
When you connect your computer to your PC, you should see a little Motorola icon in the bottom right of your Start menu (where the clock is). Right click on it, select "When phone connects, launch..."

Then select "Nothing".

Awesome Thanks!!! I found a similar setting in the little app that pops up, but that didnt do anything. The task bar icon did though.

THANKS!

Reactions: jim.daly51

RoRClubSave

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting the same pop up and music for V-Cast

But try to download

But the download won't install on a 64 bit OS and it works on a 32 Bit OS

How the hell do you turn off this V-CAST -if it doesn't work????

Thanks In Advance

RoRClubSAVE

Hosehead

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting the same pop up and music for V-Cast

But try to download

But the download won't install on a 64 bit OS and it works on a 32 Bit OS

How the hell do you turn off this V-CAST -if it doesn't work????

Thanks In Advance

RoRClubSAVE

Try reading the whole thread before you post...the answer is already here...

SparksGuy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Similar to my HTC Droid snafu

Similar for me, I got OTA Froyo love for my Droid Inc. Not rooted.

Then, every time I plug my phone to my PC to charge; it hijacks my PC web browser and wants me to install the V Cast media manager on my system.

Note that I do not want to even install the dreaded "V Cast media manager".

I find that I am not alone. Thanks to kayst, on androidforums.com, I offer these words (worked for me, SparksGuy):

I found this solution on the forums here, but have not tried it because I haven't gotten a popup.

Dial ##7764726
Hit Call
Type Password 000000 (that's 6 zeros)
Hit Feature Settings
Choose CD ROM
Click Disable
Hit menu, commit modifications (it will say no item changed)

Dochands

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
On my Droid X, when I plug it into my PC via a USB cable an icon for the USB connection appears on the top of the screen where all the running apps show. Stroking the screen brings down a menu with the "USB connection - Select to manage your USN connection". touching this brings a menu with 4 options; PC mode, Windows media syn, USB mass storage and Charge only. Selecting "Charge only" is the only one that will tune off the automatic "media from Verizon Wireless" web page from coming up. The other three summon the website. I use Mass storage, because I'm usually plugging it in to transfer pictures to my PC hard driver.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699