Need help with smart profile

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I tried to enable smart profile and now my ringer wont work. Smart profile never worked in the first place. I figured I give it a try after the update and now the ringer doesn't work. I've done a battery pull, powered down Nothings works.

HELP!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
dumb question probably, but did you uninstall smart profile? if not, i would do that and reboot the phone. if that doesnt work you might have to do a factory reset

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
what is the path you took to get to this...seems like you are referring to "smart mode" in the battery manager, but i want to be sure

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
hmmm, this setting should only be affecting phone behavior during an alert, but it is possible that it put your phone in vibrate only mode. check your ringer volume

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
hmmm, this setting should only be affecting phone behavior during an alert, but it is possible that it put your phone in vibrate only mode. check your ringer volume

Nope Everything is turned up, one of the first things I checked. Been searching on line, looks like a reset is my only choice! There are many other that had this problem:(:(:(:(:(!!!!!!

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
well that stinks. i havent heard of this problem yet, but a factory reset usually does cure most woes that are otherwise uncurable. fortunately, a reset on android is not as painstaking a process as much as other phones since you have the gmail/verizon backup assistant combo to get your contacts back. also, after the reset, if you go into the market and then to your downloads page, it should have all of the apps you downloaded in that list so you can redownload them (though the free apps will disappear if you back away from that page before downloading them)