Stupid vcast media manager website

SparksGuy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Same on HTC Droid, but differant

Similar for me, I got OTA Froyo love. Not rooted. Now every time I plug my phone to my PC to charge; it hijacks my PC web browser and wants me to install the V Cast media manager on my system.

Note that I do not want to even install the dreaded "V Cast media manager".

I find that I am not alone. Thanks to kayst, on androidforums.com, I offer these words (worked for me, SparksGuy):

I found this solution on the forums here, but have not tried it because I haven't gotten a popup.

Dial ##7764726
Hit Call
Type Password 000000 (that's 6 zeros)
Hit Feature Settings
Choose CD ROM
Click Disable
Hit menu, commit modifications (it will say no item changed)

racinwarrior

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
found this solution on the forums here, but have not tried it because I haven't gotten a popup.

Dial ##7764726
Hit Call
Type Password 000000 (that's 6 zeros)
Hit Feature Settings
Choose CD ROM
Click Disable
Hit menu, commit modifications (it will say no item changed)

doesnt work.....

there isnt a "feature settings" option

SparksGuy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, my bad.... I'm using a Droid Incredible. The Feature Settings are on that phone, sorry Moto guys! As for Icon in sys tray, since I no longer have the Moto, I don't either. :-X

I bet there is some similar tweak for the Droid X and others to turn off the "Please install the V Cast...." pop ups, in your PC browser. Hey, right after I fixed mine, my local rep said: "Why didn't you ask me, I knew the fix". So, go ask your local Verizon guys. You may have to ask more than one. I wasted about 4 hours talking to the phone support crew until I realized they are working from a short script and have no clue.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member