How to: Yahoo Mail Forwarded To GMail

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Can someone provide me with an easy to understand, step by step way to have my Yahoo mail (2 accounts worth) immediately sent to my GMail account, so I can eliminate my two Yahoo accounts on my phone and have my mail pushed through GMail?

Thank you very much.

Mahbles

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've wondered about this as well, I thought Yahoo had an app to forward emails to android phones.

It seems that the general consensus is to create a gmail account and let all your Yahoo's know about your new Gmail account and close it.

I'll keep an eye on this post and hopefully someone with more useful information will post.

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You have to pay Yahoo for the privilege of being able to forward your email. No joke. You need a premium account on yahoo to enable email forwarding.

However, you still may be able to do it through gmail, because GMail "checks" your yahoo mail technically, I think.

Try it out and let us know how it goes. If you don't know how to do it, go to gmail on your computer --> setting (top of page)-->account and imports-->add POP3 email address. Pretty straight forward from there. It works perfectly for my AOL email and my school email, but I don't know about yahoo. Someone will probably call me out and say I'm totally wrong lol.

jerparker

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Try it out and let us know how it goes. If you don't know how to do it, go to gmail on your computer --> setting (top of page)-->account and imports-->add POP3 email address. Pretty straight forward from there. It works perfectly for my AOL email and my school email, but I don't know about yahoo. Someone will probably call me out and say I'm totally wrong lol.

It doesn't work :( It comes up with a screen saying you have to purchase the upgraded Yahoo mail.

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
You pay 20 bux to upgrade your acct to yahoo plus. Then it in the options. Well worth it! I bet you've blown more than that on android apps.......lol Also after you forward, you will have new emails show up in your YAHOO inbox.

jrskero

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Set your yahoo location to china and you will be able to forward for free. You can change it back after you get the account setup in gmail. Premuim services are not needed if you do it this way!

Last edited:

friguy3#AC

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I finally switched from yahoo to gmail. How yahoo charges for things that gmail and aol give you for free!?!? Gmail does push email to my phone and I only check my yahoo email every 4 hours. SOOOOOO much better. Bye yahoo!

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I can vouch that the instructions in the link provided by jrskero does work properly, with a tiny bit of tinkering. I had to do some digging and found that I needed to set Yahoo Mail to "classic" view before I was able to change to Asia region. This is done by going to "Options", then selecting "Mail Classic". I was then able to go into to Options to change the region and get POP access working for free.

anon(40324)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
This works. And I am so glad. I've been trying to move away from my Yahoo mail but I've had it soooooooooo long that it's attached to countless accounts... so this little workaround did the trick!