How not to default to facebook or twitter contact names?

thirdeye7

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a problem with all the fb contacts going into my phonebook. However I don't want silly twitter or fb nicknames to be the default contact name. Any way to turn this off?

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't think so.... not if you are using the moto social networking functionality. There are several threads on this and as I far as I can see now nobody has found a super secret way.

You can change the contact list being viewed (gmail, fb, other) .. but I am not sure if this fixes it and it is kind of a pain .. been meaning to test that out.

Hopefully, a fix in 2.2

gtmci84s

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm not positive that this is what you mean. I think you can do that by which contact you go to before you link 2 contacts. Say you have some one who's name is John Doe which is their FB contact and then the same person as a phone contact but the name is just John. I think If you go into the phone contact and select link and then select the John Doe FB contact it will be displayed as John in the contact list not the full name John Doe, or you might have to go to the FB contact first. Not positive though.

jyoung

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not positive that this is what you mean. I think you can do that by which contact you go to before you link 2 contacts. Say you have some one who's name is John Doe which is their FB contact and then the same person as a phone contact but the name is just John. I think If you go into the phone contact and select link and then select the John Doe FB contact it will be displayed as John in the contact list not the full name John Doe, or you might have to go to the FB contact first. Not positive though.

You are correct. I think this may be the only way for you to remedy your issue.

I had the same problem and I just linked the contact to the name I wanted to be displayed in my contact list.

You may have to create a new contact with the name you want displayed and then link it.

Good luck!