2013 Update 45.621.10.MB810.Verizon.en.US

sd_shadow

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
A New update is getting pushed to the Droid X.
see Verizon Rolls Out Surprise Update To The Droid X After 18 Month Break, Includes Security Fixes And Improved Public Safety Alerts

Status see changelog to see how I updated this post.

Fixes
1. Android Master Key Flaws see Uncovering Android Master Key That Makes 99% of Devices Vulnerable ? Bluebox Security
2. Enhanced accuracy and reliability of the Commercial Mobile Telephone Alerts (CMAS)
shot_000007_zps96f6a9c8.png
Size: 39.84 MB

Root: Yes Rootable with Framaroot

Tether: Yes FoxFi works

SBF: Works Flashing 4.5.621 SBF (FF-p3a_shadow_cdma_shadow-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_DX8-51-120111-test-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf.zip )
works, and restores phone back to

System Version: 4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Baseband Version: BP_C_01.09.15P
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-g1282440 mcbk83@il93lnxdroid08 #1
Build Number: 4.5.1_57_DX8-51

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you have gotten a popup message saying
update available

shot_0000021_zpsfe4c4fa1.png

How to Stop Update

Root with Framaroot, if you haven't yet.
Rename these files with a file manager with root access like Root Browser

/system/app/BlurUpdater_VZW.apk to BlurUpdater_VZW.apk.bak.
/system/app/BlurUpdater_VZW.odex to BlurUpdater_VZW.odex.bak.

reboot to android recovery
Power Off, Hold Menu, press Power, release when you see, Triangle, !, and Andy, Press both Volume buttons,
scroll with volume down button to wipe cache Partition , select with power button, wait... for it to complete, then select reboot system now

you will not be asked to install update again

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here is the update zip, for those who want it.

sd_shadow-Dev-Host

phone needs to be full 2.3.4/4.5.621 stock.

Install Update From SD Card
download Blur_Version.4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US.zip (updates are always named for the version they are replacing)
rename to update.zip
place on root of sd card (not in a folder)
reboot to android recovery
select apply update from sd card

Install Update From Cache

copy
Blur_Version.4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US.crc
and
Blur_Version.4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US.zip
to /cache with root browser

then go to menu>Settings>about Phone>System Updates>Install

if there is no option to install, reboot phone
then go to menu>Settings>about Phone>System Updates>Install

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System Info

shot_000005_zpsd829b9a2.png

old

new

System Version: 45.621.10.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-g3e80c7a hudsoncm@il93lnxdroid53 #1
Build Number: 4.5.1_57_DX9-10

I did notice the new kernel is very similar in name to the
DX2 MB870 2.3.5 Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-00008-gc406305 hudsoncm@il93lnxdroid80

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nandroid

Install system.45.621.10 without updating the kernel or bootloader

nandroid.system.45.621.10..rar

download file (nandroid.system.45.621.10..rar)
unzip with 7zip or other file compression software
place 2013-09-12.05.53.33 folder on SD Card in clockworkmod/backup
reboot to cwm
Restore backup

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to save update.zip from your phone

Phone must be rooted.
Download the update via about phone> software update ,
Do NOT INSTALL IT,
then pull the update.zip from the /cache partition
It will have same name as your current system version.
save to the SD card

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

will add info as discovered

Change Log
19 Sept 2013: fixed screenshots
21 Sept 2013 sbf 4.5.621 works
29 Sept 2013 How to save update.zip from your phone

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

sd_shadow

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
SBF: Works Flashing 4.5.621 SBF (FF-p3a_shadow_cdma_shadow-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_DX8-51-120111-test-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf.zip )
works, and restores phone back to

Nick Bright

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I have my phone rooted with Framaroot and am using full 2.3.4/4.5.621 stock.

I'm getting update failed when I try to get the update through OTA. Will manually load the zip onto root of SD and will update the thread with the result.

Update:
Seems it's getting an error in the update process when it detects that I removed 'Cardock.apk' bloatware with a special uninstall app. Will reload cardock and retry. Standby for update.

Update2:
Looks like there's an error now for other system bloatware apps that I uninstalled a few months prior. Will restore these system apps and retry.
Standby for update.

Update3:
Unfortunately google search bar.apk is not recovering properly and therefore the update.zip is not able to patch successfully. I'm stuck, how do I force the security fix without having to do a full update? :(

Update4:
WORKED! I just copied in any missing APK files from the old 6.21 update from here: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/44137-621-sbf-posted.html and pasted them into my /system/app directory using Root Explorer.

SD_Shadow thank you

Last edited:

Nick Bright

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Noooooooooooo. I'm super lazy LOL I have to lose all my apps and reconfigure everything... Sigh.

But wait: I found a link that has backed up old APK files

I'll try this and get back to you.

Update: WORKED! I just copied in any missing APK files from the old 6.21 update from here: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/44137-621-sbf-posted.html and pasted them into my /system/app directory using Root Explorer.

SD_Shadow thank you

Last edited:

sd_shadow

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
a few options
create a nandroid backup with cwm

then use one of these options

a. sbf, if you don't wipe data, apps will remain, try update zip
b. sbf, wipe data, root, bootstrap, advanced restore>user data only
c. restore my nandroid, advanced restore>system only, will not update kernel

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2

Nick Bright

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
sd_shadow, I don't mean to sound paranoid, but how can I trust the file you uploaded here to this thread doesn't contain a backdoor of some type. Could you prove the md5 checksum is the same for the Verizon standard patch over your file you have pasted?

Thank you, again excuse my paranoia.

sd_shadow

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
sd_shadow, I don't mean to sound paranoid, but how can I trust the file you uploaded here to this thread doesn't contain a backdoor of some type. Could you prove the md5 checksum is the same for the Verizon standard patch over your file you have pasted?

Thank you, again excuse my paranoia.
Motorola updates are signed by motorola, any editing of the update.zip will cause the update install to fail.

Neither Motorola nor Verizon provide the md5 and only allow you to download to a activated Droid X.
If you want to verify my file is the official update, phone must be rooted, you have to download update and copy it from the /cache before you install, once update is installed, it is wiped from /cache.
You can not download again, until you flash 4.5.621 sbf, re-activate on verizon, root, download update, copy from /cache, save to sd card.
Then you can use a md5 checker to compare the files.

If you are unable to do that, I only have my reputation.
Recognized Contributor on XDA
Super Moderator on Droid X Forums
and participate on several other forums

oggie7797

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
The update went fine on my DX after i unfroze the crap apps on here. But is it still possible to put cynogen mod 7 or 10 or MIUI after this update? I rooted with framaroot just fine but im unsure of doing any roms after all i have yet to instal any roms before.

oggie7797

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks shadow for the reply and like i said i have yet to flash a new rom so i am very hesitant. I dont wanna spend money on cwm or d2/dx bootstrap so i have titanium backup and goomanager. Now, what is your opinion on goomanager? I cant afford to brick my phone so im trying to find the easiest best and also a free way to install a good reliable rom. (I havnt looked at the link you gave me in the previous post but will when i have the time after this weekend) again i thank you for any and all help for sadly the dx is far from popular nowadays :/

sd_shadow

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks shadow for the reply and like i said i have yet to flash a new rom so i am very hesitant. I dont wanna spend money on cwm or d2/dx bootstrap
don't have to buy it, although it's prefered, link to Droid 2 bootstrap on cyanogenmod's site and a modified Droid X bootstrap on rootzwiki
links to both in my [HOW TO] Install/Use Droid 2/X/3 Bootstrap

so i have titanium backup and goomanager. Now, what is your opinion on goomanager?
never used goomanager
I cant afford to brick my phone
can't brick the Droid X, at least very difficult, it has a locked bootloader, so just flash the 621 sbf with rsd lite, to restore original firmware.
so im trying to find the easiest best and also a free way to install a good reliable rom. (I havnt looked at the link you gave me in the previous post but will when i have the time after this weekend) again i thank you for any and all help for sadly the dx is far from popular nowadays :/
using the modified Droid X bootstrap is the most reliable way to install roms, imo

oggie7797

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Sorry i had very little signal for a week. Thank you for the links i am making a nandroid backup right this second and will be on cyanogenmod 7.2 here after awhile if i dont manage to find a way to screw up lol :)

oggie7797

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
i did look on there and u have so many links i guess i got lost idk i ended up on cm website and did it off there. so where can i find a fast stable version of cm thatll go onto my dx with this new stupid update without messin up somehow lol first time to do a rom soooo....yeaa

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non