2.2 For Droid X is Rolling Out Per Motorola Level 2 Support

Fabrian

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
FYI...

I was on the phone with Motorola level 2 support to try and resolve my "gallery problem". During that conversation, the technician verified that 2.2 is being rolled out as we speak - over a period of time of course...

So, who gets it first?? Not yet for me....

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Nobody! Because he spoon fed you a ton of bull****!

When it actually DOES start to roll out, every Droid X owner will have the ability to pull the file manually by going into Settings-> About Phone-> System Update.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
If that is true, and assuming that rolled out means actually being distributed to DX's, I wonder how they will handle the ability to Pull down the update, selectively or for anyone who attempts it? So far, it says I'm up to date with 2.1

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The moderator, Matt, over at the Motorola User Forum has a special thread set to notify us about the availability of the release.

He hasn't done anything with it yet, and it would seriously damage his credibility if he were to make that announcement after the release has started, so I have serious doubts about what they told you.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Now Im not saying that the information is correct or not but when they released it for the Droid they seem to send out notification in tiers, all the users did not get notice at same time and this made since to avoid overwhelming the download server, why can't this happen the same way with the X? I am just giving the benefit of the doubt.

Now i doubt it to be true because I haven't seen at least one post about someone getting the official notice on any of the forums and i don't see this going not posted somewhere.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Some people claim to have already gotten the 2.2 OTA update.
It's early September!!! Where is the Froyo OTA??? - Android Forums

Yeah and I drive a Ferrari, bench 600 and date Jessica Alba.

Those people claiming they got it are bluffing lol just to add some jealous excitement for those impatiently waiting their official release.

I can tell you guys one thing that's official:

I OFFICIALLY don't give a **** about Froyo anymore. There, I said it. I feel better now :)

Motorola can release it when they release it. Besides we're all better off with the leaked 2.2 build for now, just for the fact that if you don't want to get locked out of having root, you HAVE to be on it. If you're running rooted 2.1u1 and the official Froyo release pushes out to your phone, you are basically screwed. Well, until you SBF flash that is. But just saying, probably easier just to run the leaked 2.2 until someone gets root up and running on 2.2.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Blogs will report, internal screenshots & marketing will be leaked, and rumored dates will slip before the 2.2 release actually starts to roll. In that order.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
So if im rooted on 2.1 your saying im screwed? Can't i just unroot before doing update

No what I meant by that is this:

If you have 2.1, rooted or not, you will get official 2.2 PUSHED to your phone eventually. You have no way of saying "no" to the update, it will come and you will be on 2.2.

If you are on leaked 2.2 and the official 2.2 pushes out, it will never try to update on your phone. There is no update path for a leaked 2.2 Droid X save for SBF flashing to 2.1, and then doing the official update.

Here's the key though: we have root on 2.1, and LEAKED 2.2. No one knows what the status will be on OFFICIAL 2.2 of root until it launches. Most people are expecting Motorola to have patched up the current root method.

This means:

-If you update to OFFICIAL 2.2, you are not going to have root (most likely.)

-If you install LEAKED 2.2 right now, with root, you can sit on that leaked 2.2 for awhile EVEN THOUGH official 2.2 is out, and you can wait till they figure out how to root OFFICIAL 2.2, then flash back and get setup again with root.

Get it?

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I got ya so ill probably lose root and just have to wait till they figure it out and charge me 2 bucks lol actually kinda cheap

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Those people claiming they got it are bluffing lol just to add some jealous excitement for those impatiently waiting their official release.

I OFFICIALLY don't give a **** about Froyo anymore. There, I said it. I feel better now :)

Motorola can release it when they release it. Besides we're all better off with the leaked 2.2 build for now, just for the fact that if you don't want to get locked out of having root, you HAVE to be on it. If you're running rooted 2.1u1 and the official Froyo release pushes out to your phone, you are basically screwed. Well, until you SBF flash that is. But just saying, probably easier just to run the leaked 2.2 until someone gets root up and running on 2.2.

Wait wait wait...you're dated jessica!?! She told me it was over between you two....I'm going to have a word or two with her about this...

chief113

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I believe you drive a Ferrari and that you bench 600, but there's no way you're dating Jessica Alba and posting on these geek message boards!

green

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few people running around with official 2.2. Remember the person on Youtube who had 2.2 on his X even before the leak was out? I just hope someone who happens to get it will post a link to the zip file.

Also, I've been running the leaked build ever since it came out and can tell it's not ready yet. There's still some bugs that need to be fixed and I don't care much for rooting my phone right now so I'm fine running the official 2.2 update at this point. I can wait but I just don't Verizon to screw up updates like they did (and are still doing) with the D1.