preventing images from appearing in gallery

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I know I read about this somewhere, but I cannot find out the best way to do this.

I have an app I use to sync facebook pics to my current phonebooks, syncmypix, and it has saved every picture to a folder for easy access. However, now every facebook picture appears in my gallery. I read that you could add a file to a folder called "noimages", or something along those lines, and that will remove them from being viewed.

Can anyone help me in finding a solution?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the file is ".nomedia"

just create an empty text document and rename it to that and place it in any folder you don't want scanned by the gallery app

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
the name can be anything. the '.' preceding it is the key to avoiding auto-discovery of the contents.

So basically you're saying that the file could look like this:

adiopqwndiowd.nomedia

And so long as after the name it goes ".nomedia" we're good? I mean, I'm 100% certain of this, just clarifying for those who may not be familiar with file types and extensions.

By the way, big thanks to you Adiliyo. This is a huge help.

Dubbayoo

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So basically you're saying that the file could look like this:

adiopqwndiowd.nomedia

And so long as after the name it goes ".nomedia" we're good? I mean, I'm 100% certain of this, just clarifying for those who may not be familiar with file types and extensions.

By the way, big thanks to you Adiliyo. This is a huge help.
No, I believe he's saying the period should be at the beginning. A file beginning with "." in *Nix/Linux means it's hidden, so you're just creating any empty hidden file called whatever you want to call it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699